Be Polite AND Reply

magy1808

There is a one thing about buyers which really annoys me as a seller. Most of buyers after a brief conversation in inbox, and making a custom offer (in case of they don t accept) just don t reply anymore. WHY?
You can always say stuffs like umm it is over my budget or I found someone else to work with, anything…It would be polite >.<

i totally agree with you, simple courtesy… i can say jess than 5% of buyers who refused my offer actually said anythin. And most of the time, i’m left hanging… waiting… at-times i even try to remind them to accept after a few hours only a further few now do… after days!
no bad blood, i deliver too.

politeness and courtsey’s are positives to have but not a necessity. If a buyer responds just to say “sorry, I found someone else” and you repond to say “sorry to hear that”, it is one additional todo on your list. And if you do not respond, your metric for messaging goes down.

I personally don’t mind if buyers do not reply on a $$ custom quote as most of the times, I am not in a position to negotiate the price down. And 70-80% buyers end up buying on custom quote anyways. Plus it saves me the time to focus on my work

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, it’s probably because your offers are much too high and can be found much cheaper from another seller who has probably also message them an offer. Remember, there are more buyers than sellers and even though you want to say you are the best, the best is always better than you and we look for that. We look at the quality of art in your profile and if you come in with a high offer with no real talents, I’m just saying that of course, doesn’t mean you, we’re gonna move on to the next. For example, I was offered on gig for someone to complete my project for $50, while another seller sent me an offer for $800 with nothing to show. Really, there is no need to respond to the $800 seller offer. Be realistic with your offers. You want money, but we want to save money too. Both sides have to work together and no b.s the other. If you don’t get a reply, maybe look at what you sent over and ask yourself, why are you worth it when someone else is charging less for the same quality. No point in replying. Just my thoughts as a seller with several purchased (lots) gigs under my belt.

Dear, I think it’s just best to accept this behavior as the norm. When you have 3 million+ gigs on a platform like Fiverr, supplies exceed demand, so you have a buyer’s market. In that case, don’t be surprised a buyer doesn’t care about replying (although s/he should)…Just stick to those who respond.

Just my 2 cents.
Keep earning 🙂

I’ve been a buyer for way longer than a seller, so I can tell you this much:
Usually when there’s an urgent need for something a buyer would ask for prices from a whole bunch of sellers. Maybe he asks 10 sellers for a price, 7 send him an offer, and he further negotiates with 2 sellers because they offer the best deal.
If one considers it from the perspective of the buyer’s time, he saves a lot by not replying to the offers he’s not interested in. This really is a huge shopping mall for services and digitally-delivered items. I don’t think I’ve ever seen somebody in a shopping mall extend courtesy to the stuff they don’t end up buying.

Archived