OOPS... What happened?

fonthaunt

Can you imagine how tough it would be if you had a really critical issue to discuss about Fiverr, you came to the forum and looked for some answers, and found that not a single post at a glance had anything to would help you?

For example, let’s say you are a new seller and you are having trouble with sales.
You might want to post an ad in the forum, but you also really need some tips or a place to ask people for help with your gig. So, you go to Tips for Sellers and Improve my Gig and you find they are all full of other sellers advertising their gigs. But, you don’t need to buy an e-book cover or a logo or social media and website traffic! You need help!

Maybe you are a buyer and you want to leave your seller a good review and don’t know how. You go to Tips for Buyers and it’s filled with people selling plagiarized SEO articles that might take your site down.

Luckily, the forum does have some real Tips and some real help for those wanting improvement, and even a special spot just for ads! Unfortunately, there are still too many people who come to the forum to advertise or once they get to the forum they decide to advertise without really looking for ways to do it right. That damages the forum for everyone, and admins end up so busy moving posts that there is no time to help others.

If you are new to the forum (or you’ve been around but just think you don’t have time to do things right) please give this some thought before you post. You can read the forum Do’s and Dont’s (linked on the right or here.. Even before that, use some common sense. Don’t put gig ads or frequently asked questions or “check my gig” in Tips. Use categories that make sense. In Tips, write real tips. (And your gig is NEVER a tip for buyers because not all buyers need your gig!) To post about your own gig, use my Fiverr Gigs or ask for gig help in Improve my Gig. Everyone who did take the time to read the rules or at least the forum headers will thank you! Spam and posts in the wrong categories just make you look like a “noob” and that’s not to be mean - it’s just true. Thank you for reading and helping make this right!

Couldn’t agree more. Love this post.

On a side note, any clue if they’re going to bring back the indicators so you can see if someone has at-mentioned you or replied to your comment? I’m finding it’s much more difficult to stay abreast of forum activity since they updated it.

Hi David, thanks for the appreciation! Just the same old. 🙂 Yes, there is someone working hard on getting things set up like notifications and other thread-tracking options. It is another seller so he’s working through a queue while also working on the forum. In the meantime, the best option I can offer is to try this as the URL: http://forum.fiverr.com/?s=username

When you put your username in that URL it will quickly bring up posts where your username was used to post, reply, been mentioned fully, etc. It takes a little more effort and you have to sort through the results some, but it’s better than nothing while the efforts are ongoing! I hope that helps a little!

I think in time this forum will be better than the old one since it technically has more features, but it does lack some of the old ones and will need some re-structuring. I know we all wish it was “out of the box” perfect but I think that’s tough to get. Nice to see you on the forum!

Hey there, one thing to make sure of and WILL cause this error: You must select a forum category to post.

It doesn’t automatically pick a category like the old forum and this is for a very good reason. People had a tendency to post everything in Tips for Sellers because it was the default and made a mess. So, be sure to write your post and choose an appropriate category from the dropdown. If you don’t, Forum ID missing is displayed, usually in a pink box.

Archived