Sellers Beware of Buyers asking do now pay later

tarnia

Something to watch out for…

I have had two buyers contact me over the last week. One wanted me to do a gig and pay me later. The other placed an order and part paid asking if they could pay me later for the remainder of the order.

Needless to say I did not entertain either of these but I wanted to make everyone aware especially new sellers in case they are approached.

You should never do a gig without full payment being made even if the buyer makes it sound like its okay

Thanks

Tarnia

That’s true! It happened to me once, but the problem was that the buyer placed one order. and she want two instead so she asked me to design one flyer I designed the flyer for her then she said ‘‘could you make another one I will leave the rest of payment as a tip’’ and I asked her to place a new order she said something like ‘’ oh c’mon I’m not a thief blah blah blah …"" actually I was afraid of the ‘’ Bad rating part “” you know even Fiverr be like ‘’ client always right ‘’ I done the job and she never paid me for that job.

P.S: Sorry for my Bad English

I have people asking for job exchange: i do a gig for you, you do a gig for me. While I am not against the whole idea, the reasons they gave always are stupid: they’re also a seller, but just withdraws all their fund/haven’t had any fund yet. Wait for your fund and actually buy the gig, dude! Or they don’t have a credit card. Why are you here in the first place, an international site where you pay and receive money via bank accounts?
And funny enough, all their service aren’t worth exchanging if I ever consider the idea: black SEO, Facebook like,…I just met a 14 years old web designer. knowing a little bit of photoshop and coding doesn’t make you any kind of designer, kid. Unless you’re Mark Zuckerberg, but then you wouldn’t be here asking for free work.

Happened to me once! That was the first and the last time. Fiverr provides a great system for buyer-seller transaction and that’s why we should stick with it.

The thinking of getting a bad rating can be a bit scary sometimes, but no one shouldn’t do more than what we paid for.

At the end of the day, most clients I’ve met are very nice easy to deal with. 🙂

When I got such a request my answer is always the same: “Fiverr made buying a gig very easy for a reason.”

Serious guys, sending you a message asking for a gig and pay later takes the same amount of time as just ordering the frigging gig. Just don’t work that way and you’ll be fine.

Simply put… NEVER do any work on Fiverr that hasn’t already been paid for by the buyer. This is not a “work-now, pay-later platform”. Never, ever, ever let a buyer convince you otherwise. If they want the work, they must be willing to pay for it before you start working on it. Your work is valuable. Don’t let manipulative buyers cheapen it.

Yes, I agree with all the above about not doing work until you’ve got an actual order.

However something to mention, as both a buyer and a seller I run into problems sometimes because fiverr does not allow me to withdraw only part of my funds earnt as a seller - I have to withdraw it all. Which is irritating as I like to keep funds in my account to order gigs (as I don’t want to pay the ridiculous 50 cent surcharge or whatever it is).

I have some regulars that work for me who are happy to wait until the next payment clears (I tell them upfront of course) as they know I can be trusted. But yes, unless you have developed a relationship like I have with my sellers, it’s a really bad idea to do work until you have an order.

Archived