8 Things We Hate From Buyers

fastcopywriter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not everyone is worthy of respect. I follow the philosophy of Ayn Rand, I am a trader, and not every deal is a good deal.

If an ugly woman offers you free sex, will you say yes? I don’t think so.

"I always say, if you believe it shall become. "

That sounds like The Secret, and let me tell you, it doesn’t work. I know jobs in sales, insurance, etc, are full of positive thinkers, full of affirmation-lovers, full of motivators. I don’t fall for that.

I’m 40-years-old, and I know better. The only things that matter are your abilities, that’s it. If you’re good at something, you can make it pay. If you’re not, all the effort and struggle in the world will be a waste of time.

Besides, I don’t consider myself negative, I consider myself realistic. A lot of people see reality as a negative, I don’t.

Not at all, time is a precious commodity. Would you waste 3 days talking to a buyer to make $5? I don’t think so.

Buyers who require a lot of negotiating and begging aren’t worth our time. What we do on Fiverr isn’t rocket science, we’re not building a thermonuclear reactor or finding a cure for Cancer or selling a home. We’re writing, drawing, reviewing, doing telemarketing calls, and singing “happy birthday” in our underwear. So just order already! 🙂

Refunding is easy, you fill in the blanks and if he forgets to accept, it will be accepted automatically in three days.

I don’t mind chatting with a buyer if he raises a valid concern, something nobody else has mentioned before. For example, I didn’t do trademark searches until a buyer gave me the U.S. trademark link and demanded I use it. That was helpful. Being asked if I’m available isn’t helpful.

Sometimes I sent custom orders, but I prefer not to. I don’t want to underbid myself. If everyone else is paying me $10 for a trademark search, why should I charge $5 to some guy just because I forgot everyone else is paying $10? Fiverr has messed up with the system, and I don’t like some of the new changes.

Not really, I’m in the trading business. Customer service are salaried employees trained to deal with customers. When I call the cable company, I’m dealing with the brand representatives of said company. When you order from me, you’re dealing with me. I do not represent anyone but myself. So it’s a different standard.

Nah, I’d say most sellers are in the sales business. And in the world of sales, salespeople know that they can only put so much time into a lead before there are diminishing returns and it’s just not worth engaging with that lead anymore, as it means a worse product for the buyer and a lot more stress for the seller.

What buyers get here is a cut-rate product. It’s still often a really great product–but expecting a seller to spend literally hours answering questions (most of which are pointless or are answered where the buyer can plainly find them) and checking up with the buyer when they demand updates, etc., etc. means that seller has less time to actually produce what they’re selling, and everyone suffers in that regard.

I’m not going to lie–the buyers who order without messaging first, send me understandable and concise instructions and don’t hassle me every other day with messages about when I’m going to deliver probably get much their orders done faster than buyers who do present a challenge.

I think it depend on services, in writing category demands of buyers varies. So, It is always better to clarify before starting work rather than an unacceptable response from buyers. But it is frustrating when buyer send chunks of details after 12-24 hours.

Well, I said “trading” because salesmen do things we don’t do, such as prospecting for business, cold calling, meetings, etc.

Bidding on the buyer request section isn’t the same. Salespeople also work on their personality and approach, we don’t do that here.

Of course, the gig title and gig description are a form of advertising, so is how we talk to buyers. But at the end of the day, when a buyer demands a revision I often lose my cool. A real salesman would never do that. In real estate, you always want to leave in good terms with your clients because they might know someone else who wants to buy or sell, or they might be ready for you in the future. I’m not like that, I burn bridges. I don’t like suffering a bad buyer twice.

Ironically, sometimes a good buyer from the past becomes a bad buyer in the future. Maybe I just like clients that like my work, don’t demand revisions, and don’t add drama into my life.

Honestly, if I wanted drama, I would get a real full-time job. I’m on Fiverr to avoid drama, but sometimes it finds me.

I’m a new user. Although I understand your frustration I don’t like #1.
I came to Fiverr to exchange $$ for time. I hate wasting $$. I really hate wasting time.

"I will send you my pictures in white T shirt and black thong"
Ok, that’s clear enough.

"I will do deep internet research of any topic"
You will search the Deep Web for me? You will Google my topic?
Is your research limited to the business aspect of my topic?
Does “deep internet research” always mean the same thing for all Sellers?

How can I find out if I can’t ask?

It’s true what “fran6m” states about wasting time and that’s a big problem for many buyers.

It’s part of business to hold the hand of the buyer and help them find their way with the service you provide. Ok, sure, you can’t please everyone but you do you best to make buyers happy. That’s part of doing business.

If you make a buyer happy they will come back for more. In addition, you’ve left a good impression that you are representative of fiverr’s platform. That happy buyer will tell others.

It’s all about attitude, trust and communication. Smile, be happy when chatting with others even if you can’t see them! Positivity makes the day brighter.

I treat my buyers just like I treat my sellers. When I order from a seller, I will write something like “I need you to do xyz. Let me know if you have questions,” and I let them get to work.

"you do you best to make buyers happy. "

Some people are never happy no matter what you do for them. One guy paid for 5, got 8, and gave me 4 stars. To his credit, at least he let me kept my money. Another guy showed my work to his friends and demanded a revision because his friends didn’t like it.

On December 11, I lost $30 thanks to four problem buyers. It’s very frustrating, I was supposed to make $54 that day, instead I made $32. Now I admit I could have done the revisions they asked for, but I rarely bother with those.

When buyers ask for revisions, they’re rarely specific, seldom provide examples of what they want, and often times don’t deserve it.

Asking for a revision is a sensitive issue, you’re asking a perfect stranger to give you more of his time. When I do it to sellers, I promise to give them a $5 tip if they revise. Sellers love that.

The only thing that really bothers me are the potential buyers who contact me repeatedly to ask for discounts. “How much for 2X words?” I just do the math for them based on my gig price. Next message, “No, you write me 10X words for $5?” No… If I were going to offer 5,000 words for $5.00, I would put that in my gig (and contact a mental health professional).

Just stay professional and know when to say no.

Archived