8 Things We Hate From Buyers

fastcopywriter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something to add

1. When buyer places an order, and we ask something, we don’t get reply at all, no matter how many times you send a message. Then you make order, deliver it, and surprisingly they reject it in few minutes saying this and that.

2. Order extra fast gig. You make that in hour or two, or more it doesn’t matter. You deliver it… 2 days pass, then on third day buyer requests for modification. What is the point of extra fast then.
    Or another thing. They order extra fast when I am in bed. And when I get up and look on fiverr I see cancellation request after 2 hours of ordering gig saying deadline has passed or this order will not be completed in time or stuff like that.

3. Buyers who want updates every half hour or hour, no matter that they ordered $5 gig.

I have no issue with buyers sending messages to me prior to ordering one of my gigs. It is part of the process, and it helps both of us make sure we are on the same page. If I were a buyer I would want to feel like the seller understands me perfectly.
Although, I can do without the guy sending me messages wanting to photograph my feet…

I agree 100% with you. So true. I even had to write in my instructions, “If I have questions, I will ask them. If you don’t hear from me it’s because I’m very busy.”

Seriously, some buyers act like they’re paying $50,000 and not $5 or $50 or $500 (haven’t gotten a $500 order yet, but i know some sellers do).

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I had buyer who ordered $5 gig and after 2 hours that buyer cancelled saying I just saw gig is in 48 hours and I need it in in few hours.

Another thing, buyer ordered gig, saying can you deliver in next 5 hours. I was in bed in that time. And in morning, after around 6-7 hours, he asked again, can you deliver in 5 hours. I think he messaged me about 4 or 5 times saying can I deliver in 5 hours. I cancelled it of course.

Or buyers order a gig, saying they will tell me what they need soon. Why ordering then if you don’t know what you need…

But, again there are buyers that order every time for few minutes of work. Sometimes even extra fast gig. I had about 60-70 orders from that buyer. And I am more then willing to make order first for him, no matter what it is. Or even I did in few minutes, I get tip from him.

Some buyers really appreciates what you are doing for them. And for buyers like that, sometimes I don’t charge them at all.

I just tell them something like:

“Hey! Stop it with the message bombardment! This isn’t a chat!”

Or

“Yo! I’m not a secretary! If you want me to do something, place an order. Otherwise, stop wasting my time.”

You got to be direct, and not polite. Don’t be polite with jerks, that’s the worse you can do since it rewards them for being jerks.

Why are you even working for fiverr? You just _itch and moan. There are great buyers out there who spend good money with fiverr

Who get “jacked” by the seller, after the seller gets their money.
Many of the can’t follow instructions and upsell every chance they get.

Nobody wants to hear you put down buyers. Certainly don’t want to hear the word “hate” Go work somewhere else if its so bad.

Why am I working here? Because I’m making $1,500 to $2,000 a month.
Why do I bitch? Because I care. Just like some employees care about their employer, I care about Fiverr. I bitch to make Fiverr better!

And please don’t cry me a river about buyers. I’ve had to refund orders because your precious buyers didn’t give the right instructions, I’ve been insulted, I’ve been given 3.5 stars AFTER the guy gets a revision and writes “I can work with these.”

Buyers need to learn some etiquette, we don’t write gig descriptions for s-word and giggles, we write them so buyers know what we do and what we want.

If you’re asking me, “how long does it take,” then you obviously didn’t read my gig well enough. In fact, anyone who reads my gig titles know it takes 3-days or less. Yet I get asked that question all the time.

I am new here, hours new. I am a potential “buyer” in the market for a much needed logo. Here is my first experience. I send a designer a message expressing my needs as I see them at this time (FWIW, designer has this as an “important note” “For Custom, Complex, Mascot or illustration Designs, we will charge Extra. (please contact us)”. I ask the designer to give me an approximate final cost for what it is I am asking for ( I would want full and exclusive right to the finished product(s) and would want multiple formats to do with as I please (PSD, AI, Vector, etc…). The Logo would be of a snake and business name),.What would be the approximate final cost of a “Gig” that will give me the above items?) . I get what seems like a “stock” answer from the designer basically saying “yes, I can do this, please buy a gig”. Was it a language barrier? Was I wrong in asking? I am pretty disappointed with that experience. Would I be better off just buying the $5 “gig” and then add to it what I need? Reason I did not do so yet is that I do not to waste the sellers time or my own time if I find later I am being nickel and dimed for items I need. I dont mind paying for a service but I would like minimal surprises when it comes to final costs. To “sellers”, communication is key. I always feel that if someone is not willing to help me before I hand over my $ then what would make me think they will afterwards.

Maybe the Buyer Request section would be better for you. Then you’d be getting custom quotes that include everything you want.

Or this is how I would do it. First I would order a $5 logo from a very talented designer, someone with great portfolio samples. Then I would hire him again to get the PSD, AI, vector, etc. After all, what good is a $40 order if then you hate the job and demand a refund?

Another alternative is to spread your money around, hire a new seller, a level 1, level 2, and TRS, for $5 each. See who does it best, then hire that person again. To be ethical, don’t demand refunds from the people you hire. Refunds should only be demanded when the work delivered is terrible and you don’t think the seller deserves a dime. Refunds should not be demanded because 3 days later, your partners didn’t like it, or you discover you don’t need it. Remember there’s a human being behind that screen. You’re not dealing with artificial intelligence here.

Although this request doesn’t really make sense, I’ve had an experience with a seller where he clearly didn’t know what I was asking for and modificaitons made were not what I was asking for. Some buyers may be cautious in what the seller can actually do before buying and just want to make sure they can do what they’re asking for

true word (cfabro). i once contacted a seller explaining the service i needed in detail. After about 2 weeks had passed, he replied saying I should order ‘with confidence’. I did, and when i got the delivery, it was in no way related to what i had asked. Like seriously, not even remotely related AT ALL.
I could tell he worked hard- i will give him a+ for effort, but it is clear he did not bother to read my instructions at all… Tried contacting him to see if he delivered someone elses gig and could get me mine. he has not answered the question yet. oh well, i had to just let it go… only $5. I did not cancel and i did not leave a negative review… at least he worked hard… just not on my own order.
Will be on the lookout for another seller who can read instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree - It is a Big Deal though when your very busy with orders and Life and your giving your fiverr buyer the best possible product/service at fiverr pricing. Time Is Money - Chatty buyers are a time suck. and my experience with chatty katheys as they don’t read the details, a majority are lazy - they feel you can answer their question so why should they spend the time searching for it. after all they paid you $4 😉

Wow! Just Wow! As a buyer, I would really steer clear of sellers who complain as much as fastcopywriter. Just saying, you need thick skin, you’re selling on the internet. can they call you and ask you the questions? If you were doing this for any other person on earth and in person, would you just stare at them when they ask you a question? If I have a seller who does not answer properly, is rude, has his nose in the air, fine-move on to the next seller. have you seen how many sellers in each category there are? Sometimes, buyers have multiple projects like I do, want to have updates not silence. As a seller you may have a couple of gigs going on, but as a buyer, you’re one of a few fiverr sellers I’m working with at any given time and if you’re not gonna answer questions, you’re gonna lose the gig to a better seller. A great seller does not squabble at questions. A bad seller is upset when asked a question. Professional, is professional. Professionals ask and answer questions.

No matter if it’s $5 or $500 you need to treat customers with respect in order to gain the respect in return. It’s business and you are running a business on fiverr.

Learning about communication as well as trust-building is crucial to the success of your business on fiverr or elsewhere.

There will always be ups and downs, it’s the same with anything we do in life.

Learning to have the positivity in your mind will help shape your ability to increase sales.

I always say, if you believe it shall become. So, don’t be so negative. Take the steps to be happy and the results will benefit you.

Totally agree on that. I want to be contacted before someone orders.
Most of my buyers contact me before ordering and in most cases this results in a custom order what leads to a higher price.
An additional advantage is that I can decide whether or not I like the buyer (until now I like everyone) and want to do business with him/her.
In my experience is the risk that a buyer tries to trick you larger if he/she doesn’t messages you beforehand.

Archived