8 Things We Hate From Buyers

fastcopywriter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, if you send a cancellation request, they might forget to hire you again. However, if you send a custom quote within an order that has already been placed and is ongoing, you won’t have that risk.

This is something I do with revision requests, if I feel the client is nice, I send him a $5 revision fee. If he disagrees, I just cancel the entire thing.

Emmaki, I gave you a thumb to test as well. Can you test it once more? Your forum account looks normal but I re-saved it in case that might fix any rights glitches. If that doesn’t work and the problem doesn’t resolve itself after Adam catches up with several of the bigger fixes (a couple of weeks) feel free to PM me so I can ask him to look.

Thumbs are just handy (bad pun intended) in most categories. Only in Fiverr FAQ do they have an important function. If yours doesn’t work in that category either you can’t vote on best answers so it’s most important there.

Number… Things buyers hate from sellers. I am not placing an order until I am sure you can do the job. Get over it and answer the message.
Number 2. Buyers hate whiners that post 8 things they hate from buyers.
Number 7. If you do a crappy job or you are a jerk expect a bad review. No warning needed. There is your warning.
Numbers 1-8 Please. What is it that you do besides whine?

I like politeness and part of this is tolerance, patience and understanding from buyers and sellers. Be nice–it’s fun and good for business. I have a few sellers I buy from over and over partially out of knowing they will always treat me like they are happy to hear from me and make me feel great. They make me smile.

“I am not placing an order until I am sure you can do the job”

If you’re so afraid, then maybe Fiverr isn’t for you. Fiverr is for people to take chances. Don’t like it? Demand a refund from the seller.

" Number 2. Buyers hate whiners that post 8 things they hate from buyers."

Whatever, I got plenty of buyers that love my work.

“Number 7. If you do a crappy job or you are a jerk expect a bad review. No warning needed. There is your warning.”

Then you’re a jerk. A smart person takes his money back, a dumb person loses it.

" Numbers 1-8 Please. What is it that you do besides whine?"

Well, today I’m writing brand names, Linkedin profiles, headlines for teespring, and slogans. I’m also making $48 after the Fiverr commission. Today it’s a slow day.

I see you have no gigs, I guess you have a “real job.” I hope you enjoy working 9 to 6+ for some big bad boss.

I just tried it now and it seems to be working. I know there’s a lot of little glitches to be ironed out… it could be my internet (slow to middling at the best of times) interfering rather than a forum glitch, but I am by no means a thumbs up expert.

(PS, a thumbs down button might be…interesting!)

Thanks

I treat them good until they treat me bad. Some buyers are evil to the core.

Here’s an example:

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your work. The slogans are short and sweet but unfortunately I won’t be using them.

Good luck to you.

Elaine

I gave this “client” 13 slogans, she paid for 5, and because she won’t be using them, she wants a refund. Except that instead of clicking “resolution center,” she clicked modification.

This was my only mistake:

“You are the one that said if I wasn’t happy with it, you would return the money.”

I wish I had never said that. I got this client from Buyer’s Request. If I had known she was so cheap, I would have never agreed to work with her.

Emmaki for someone that cant stand conversation sure does have a lot to say in this forum ;).
I think a simple hello and are you ready for an order is suggested. To continue with petty conversations should be avoided. I would politely inform them that I am on a tight schedule and need every minute to get there order started. With that said I would hope they got the point. At the same time a buyer must do their research because of the scammers. Dream Big!!!

She livens things up around here and I like that.
Basically telling people to just shut up and order doesn’t seem like a good idea from a customer relations point of view. If someone told me they were too busy to answer my messages and I should just order it would be the deciding factor in my NOT ordering from them.

I appreciate the 8 points of this article. Because thats all are true and I believe the 8 points. I already faced some critical & stupid buyers and they thought we are slaves or staffs. But we are’nt slave, we’re independent worker! Past hours, I was upset but now I am feeling very well.So many many thanks for this article! I love this article so much!!

She wasn’t even the worse, I raise my 24/hour fee to $20 because I’ve been feeling lazy, so this Australian guy makes a $40 order.

Of course, he has to get his money’s worth, if you’re paying $20 for 24/hour delivery, you’re going to want 20 brand names, not 5. I do the job, then he demands a revision. I was pissed, oh well, at least he didn’t order domain names, that takes more time.

Your points are really great, however, i still encourage buyers to message me before placing orders. I’ve stated clearly in my gig descriptions that most of the work i do are worth more than $5 dollars, and buyers should discuss with me before buying the gig. Unfortunately, more than 70 percent of my clients don’t read the gig descriptions. They order $5 gig and submit requirements that could take 3 days. The most annoying thing is that they still want you to finish the job in few hours.

I am not a seller, and I can appreciate a seller’s frustration having an inbox full of questions easily answered if the buyer took the time to read the descriptions or as you pointed out " dumb questions". Need to have a thicker skin in the biz and not refer to customers as morons even though both of us know some definitely are. Gig descriptions are a poor indicator if the seller is proficient In English. You don’t think many gig descriptions are written by others to appear the seller is from the US or another English speaking country? After a couple of exchanged messages I will know the person I am communicating with is the person who wrote the gig. That is important to me on more expensive custom orders. I know you sellers are not looking for pen pals, but buyers don’t want to have their time wasted either. If we are talking about $5-$10, I agree, order the gig and be happy. If its custom work - sorry - but buyers expect some reasonable amount of interchange before they hit the order button.

Archived