Orders cancelled by the customer support

anto23

Today three of my orders were cancelled by the fiverr customer support and I saw that the users who ordered them aren’t available anymore, I guess they got banned. But one of these orders was an order that I had already delivered a few days ago and the buyer even left the feedback and everything… I just find it fair, I mean I did the work and now I don’t have the money from the work… I don’t know that had never happened to me before, anyone who can tell me what the problem may be? the only strange thing I noticed is that all the users of these order got banned…

@madmoo

I’m sorry for you too, but I’m relieved in a way, I was thinking it was a problem with my account, this is really just not fair… I lost almost 100$ in a day and without reason at all, let me know if they reply to you, I wrote them too…

@madmoo

I’m sorry for you too, but I’m relieved in a way, I was thinking it was a problem with my account, this is really just not fair… I lost almost 100$ in a day and without reason at all, let me know if they reply to you, I wrote them too…

Hi,

Part of the process of clearing payments in every e-commerce platform, and Fiverr is not exception, is getting clearance from the payment providers (PayPal and the Credit Card companies) for the integrity of the transactions. Payment providers profile payees based on their activities and credit history. Whenever a transaction is being flagged by a payment vendor we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold for your own protection. This is part of the service we provide to assure you don’t work without getting paid and to maintain a safe environment for our users. We appreciate your understanding.

Hi,

Part of the process of clearing payments in every e-commerce platform, and Fiverr is not exception, is getting clearance from the payment providers (PayPal and the Credit Card companies) for the integrity of the transactions. Payment providers profile payees based on their activities and credit history. Whenever a transaction is being flagged by a payment vendor we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold for your own protection. This is part of the service we provide to assure you don’t work without getting paid and to maintain a safe environment for our users. We appreciate your understanding.

Reply to @kevinwil:

Buyers and sellers are very understanding, IF someone tells them what is going on.We are all trying to run a business. My vendor and I had a simple misunderstanding and he agreed to refund my money. That was 3 days ago and still no funds in my account, so I am hesitant to add any NEW money to Fiverr if I am having trouble with a simple $15.,00. I think at this point, I will just hold off and wait to see what shakes out and resume next week

Reply to @kevinwil:

Buyers and sellers are very understanding, IF someone tells them what is going on.We are all trying to run a business. My vendor and I had a simple misunderstanding and he agreed to refund my money. That was 3 days ago and still no funds in my account, so I am hesitant to add any NEW money to Fiverr if I am having trouble with a simple $15.,00. I think at this point, I will just hold off and wait to see what shakes out and resume next week

I think there are some great responses above, it is really unfortunate but in any eCommerce based business as Kevin said there is risk. According to industry statistics on average 86% of charge backs account for fraudulent transactions across the web today.

Payment providers & eCommerce providers like Fiverr mitigate the risk before some of these bad buyers even have the opportunity of placing an order on eCommerce stores like Fiverr or Apple or your favourite grocery store on the web.

Sometimes though as with any digital environment that deals with transactions some bad buyers can and do slip through the net, it’s inevitable in today’s digital world, data can hit bottlenecks be slowed down or have not been flagged yet, it happens, but if they are spotted early on, be safe in the knowledge that Fiverr and Payment processors are protecting your interests here and blocking bad people from ordering from you, but it is a constant firefight I imagine for them.

If stolen money is used to buy a gig on Fiverr, I for sure don’t want it on my conscience that probably somewhere in the world someone is having to suffer for having money fraudulently taken from their account, I have been a victim of identity fraud in the past and had money stolen from my account, it is not a nice experience and yes I did everything in my power to get every penny returned to me.

I work in the eCommerce sector outside of my Fiverr business selling gigs, and 100% can tell you every customer of mine at some point in time has had to deal with chargebacks / fraudulent transactions, whilst these customers of my own only have to deal with a few a month thats because they are not getting huge amounts of traffic from buyers, if you look at it from the stand point that Fiverr probably gets 100’s of thousands of transactions on a daily basis then the problem is amplified somewhat

It’s irritating… not cool… but, I am glad for one that the Fiverr guardians in the customer support team / admin team and the payments industry are doing all they can to reduce the risk of fraud and keep market places clear of bad buyers.

I think there are some great responses above, it is really unfortunate but in any eCommerce based business as Kevin said there is risk. According to industry statistics on average 86% of charge backs account for fraudulent transactions across the web today.

Payment providers & eCommerce providers like Fiverr mitigate the risk before some of these bad buyers even have the opportunity of placing an order on eCommerce stores like Fiverr or Apple or your favourite grocery store on the web.

Sometimes though as with any digital environment that deals with transactions some bad buyers can and do slip through the net, it’s inevitable in today’s digital world, data can hit bottlenecks be slowed down or have not been flagged yet, it happens, but if they are spotted early on, be safe in the knowledge that Fiverr and Payment processors are protecting your interests here and blocking bad people from ordering from you, but it is a constant firefight I imagine for them.

If stolen money is used to buy a gig on Fiverr, I for sure don’t want it on my conscience that probably somewhere in the world someone is having to suffer for having money fraudulently taken from their account, I have been a victim of identity fraud in the past and had money stolen from my account, it is not a nice experience and yes I did everything in my power to get every penny returned to me.

I work in the eCommerce sector outside of my Fiverr business selling gigs, and 100% can tell you every customer of mine at some point in time has had to deal with chargebacks / fraudulent transactions, whilst these customers of my own only have to deal with a few a month thats because they are not getting huge amounts of traffic from buyers, if you look at it from the stand point that Fiverr probably gets 100’s of thousands of transactions on a daily basis then the problem is amplified somewhat

It’s irritating… not cool… but, I am glad for one that the Fiverr guardians in the customer support team / admin team and the payments industry are doing all they can to reduce the risk of fraud and keep market places clear of bad buyers.

• 3 months later...

Archived