When a seller cancels from simply not providing service paid for

moetchandon

To begin, sellers and service providers for the most part offer amazing services! I have been using Fiverr off and on for the last year and I am generally over-satisfied with the services I have ordered. However, I notice a glaring flaw with the review process of Fiverr.com. There are great sellers and service providers that truly deserve 5 star reviews and beyond, but what about the so-so products and services provided? What about the people that don’t always give you ultra-stellar services and products? Why is it that sellers that provide not the best of service that get 2 or 3 stars are allowed to cancel service and take the high road instead of improving the services they offer? It’s a learning experience. Why does Fiverr, in addition to sellers and service providers emphasize 4 or 5 star reviews when it far from the truth at times? Just this morning, the service provider couldn’t meet her 1 week deadline for a blog article and instead of being accountable for not meeting the deadline…she chose to cancel service on grounds I failed to provide her with details for her to complete the gig. That is very contrary to the truth and she simply chose not to complete the gig for whatever reason. I gave her everything she requested, plus she had 7 day period to contact me to inform me of anything else she needed. As a business owner, you have to be able to accept good and bad criticisms in order to learn from the experience to provide the best services to future customers. This should be the same philosophy with sellers and service providers on Fiverr. People should NOT be able to remove bad reviews or discourage mediocre reviews if that is how the customer truly feels. Furthermore, sellers and service providers should be held a lot more accountable when it comes providing services and selling products by allowing customers to see real reviews in order to make the best educated decisions when working with sellers/service providers on Fiverr.com. Everyone having 5 star reviews is truly unrealistic and does not offer the best customer experience for buyers.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an even worse experience today. Not only did the provider not do ANYTHING that I requested. Upon cancelling the service he completely deleted my entire WWW directory (which consisted of nothing but the things I setup including wordpress install, themes, plugs-ins… All purchased and installed by myself yesterday).

I was very specific in my requests and even offered example sites. But to delete all of MY work is just petty. But there’s no way to post feedback… or in this case even contact the seller as he has blocked me…)

I feel like other buyers should be made aware of this sort of behavior.

Archived