How to use buyers requests [archived]

magy1808

Lately as we all know, a lot of sellers use buyers requests as a place to advertise themselves or their GIGs (if they have any).
So, if you are one of them, this is how you are suppose to use Fiverrs Buyers Requests feature:

1. After you open and verify your profile, and before you start selling, you actually HAVE TO MAKE A GIG. GIG is like a short basic offer, with an explanation of what you can and will work on.

2. When you make a GIG (and by the way, there is a lot of threads on this same forum on how to make a good GIG, so you can brows trough Tips for Sellers and do a little research so you can be sure you did a good job), then click on option selling, then buyers requests.

3. Read buyers requests on the page you are on, and you will notice how those are buyers requesting from sellers to bid on posted job with their GIGs.

4. Buyers requests will show you only jobs in same category and subcategory you made your GIG at, so you can bid on 10 of them in 24 hours, and impress them with your GIG and as an option custom offer.

5. Read carefully what buyer is requesting for, look at their estimated time for job delivery and their budget, so make sure you actually know how to do requested job and make an offer buyer will notice.

6. Be professional, it is same as going on interview for any other job in your life. Show that you know and understand their request.

This is how you are suppose to use buyers requests, by posting your own advertise inside of it, you most likely wont get a job, because only sellers like yourself selling same or similar thing as you do read and look trough those same requests. If you have any issues with understanding any feature of Fiverr, either post your question as a topic on this same forum, or simply contact customer support and you will get your answers.

Also if an English is a problem, learn it. There is a lot of us with English as a second language and we all learn it daily by communicating with other people on English, reading, listening music and taking extra classes. Also Fiverr is a huge site with a lot of worldwide users, and you can again on forum always find someone who has same native language as you and help you out 🙂
Good luck.

Now, for everyone who are using Fiverrs Buyers requests as advertising for themselves and are level 2 or level 1. Seriously guys, stop it…Only thing you are doing is spamming that feature and make it harder for everyone to bid on jobs, so you are also being self-contra-productive. Plus time you wasted on writing and posting that, you could have waste it on bidding for at least one job, and maybe got it… 😉

It is annoying to me too, but with just saying “SELLERS, STOP USING BUYERS REQUESTS” you are giving a wrong note to those same people for who you think have no ability to read wall of text I wrote. Maybe phrasing shorter my wall of text might help; I just have no ability to say it with less words and make it understandable to most of a people here.

• 4 weeks later...

This is actually the reason why I stopped looking at buyers request. There are so many ignorant a…s (excuse my French) there that it’s becoming worthless.
Probably there have to come rules that sellers who use it to promote their gigs get sanctions, what b.t.w. is the most moronic way to promote.

• 1 month later...

The thing is…looking through the sellers using the Request function to promote their gig…they seem to have lots of responses… No matter how well your gig is written it can be incredibly difficult to get it seen among the many pages of similar gigs. Really, if others are going to use Requests, then why not cut your losses and join them by promoting there…? Fiverr don’t seem to be bothered about it so why let these other sellers have the advantage…??

That behavior of these sellers is really annoying! I would like to report them for offering their services there to fiverr like spammers. So fiverr can refer them to your explanation or if they do this twice or more ban them from the whole site. There are too much sellers not posting their offer there by error but to get much more attention.

• 8 months later...

Definitely couldn’t agree more with the OP.

I’ve been on Fiverr for a couple of weeks now and I used to check buyers requests every morning, scouting for new potential customers. Even ended up finding one.
Lately, it just seems like that section is flooded with people advertising their own services and gigs. Most of these ads mention marvelously perfect English while featuring several spelling and grammar errors.

Is there a way to block these guys and/or report them to the staff? They end up hampering honest sellers business and ruining Fiverr’s reputation. Personally, I’ve been working solo for a while and these things tend, when left unchecked, to drive me away from a platform. I am sure I’m not the only one.

Archived