Today, A shocking thing happened on fiverr with a friend

hamzamunir

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes–but if he shows he’s afraid, he becomes prey for these kind of buyers. It’s rather too late to do much else than tell CS, but in future, your friend needs to call their bluff, otherwise he’s going to get a parade of people who all need a sound public shaming around their local community for being complete jackasses.

We are protected… this seller just wasn’t aware of the protective measures available to him and bowed to pressure. It’s not so much shocking as another example of not reading the ToS–which 99% of us are guilty of 99% of the time.

So, someone has learned a lesson, but the next victim will be up soon enough. And you’re all going to frown for them as well? Deary me.

There were other sites that I worked at that allowed me to see how sellers reviewed potential buyers. That really helped me determine whether or not I wanted to work with that person. Some are just impossible, and others are criminal, like the one you were talking about. He/she obviously wanted the work done for free.

Out of the two hundred orders I’ve done here, I’ve only had one bad experience. I delivered the order. He requested a mutual cancellation without going into specifics of why he didn’t like my work. My instinct told me that this guy was trying to nab a freebie, but I didn’t want to get into a dispute.

I had another buyer (this one from China) who tried to wheedle five patterns out of me for the cost of one, and he wasn’t about to stop there. So, I cancelled that order.

That said, most of the people I’ve worked with here are honest and patient. I just wish that there was a way that we could avoid the bad apples.

Archived