Can You Really Trust Reviews and Feedback?

mkerogazov

I’d say reviews and feedback are great to see, but the illustrations or the sellers portfolio is what I like to see and then I always ask them several direct questions so I can gauge their talents. I need to make sure they can understand what I want and create away. If I just point, click and hope for the best, well, I just don’t do that one bit. I’ve noticed some artists say they work with other artists, but that is really confusing so I stay far away from that. I like using artist’s who stay in contact, are polite, and have experience and a creative mind. I can’t gauge any of that from their gig offerings.

I heard you… Not always pleasant to have such a bad experience. I’d suggest you just move on and seek another buyer. Fiverr is a big ocean, with many fish. Keep trying. Re: the feedbacks/reviews, I think most are genuine, although I’ve read here and there that some people “buy” fake reviews…from Fiverr sellers.

Just my 2 cents,

Tomorrow is another day; keep earning. 🙂

John

Returning buyers who left a very detailed and well worded review will most of the time leave a standard review like “Outstanding Experience” or “Thanks” etc. as they don’t want to write that much text over and over again. Have a look if the the reviews you find doubtful are coming from returning customers.

Hi mkerogazov. I understand your concern. I am both a seller and buyer on fiverr. Every single one of my reviews have been well earned. I even have people who use me over and over again but never leave a review. So it’s really crazy. I have some who say “Outstanding Experience” and when they leave the same review over and over I’m afraid people will think it’s a scam, but it is just that they order a lot on fiverr and don’t have the time to write much else. It’s a little nerve wracking, but when someone has over 30 reviews, I would hope that some of those were real. A level 2 seller should be a pretty safe bet, because crappy work should have caught up with them by then.

Archived