AMAZON Sues 1114 FIVERR Sellers

anigrams

After looking into the service and reading all this. I won’t be paying for any reviews. I don’t need to. But in general terms I believe Amazon are going over the top. Family members have given good rankings and so have their friends as favours or support to boost sales which can also be seen as misleading customers which is where the idea to purchase reviews like this has come from. So Amazon. Please define “misleading customers”.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, that’s the hypocrisy of Amazon. It’s not OK to pay for reviews, but it is OK for you to gift your book to friends, family, even perfect strangers in exchange for reviews.

Who cares? To me reviews are like advertising, if the product is great then advertising creates word of mouth which leads to more sales. If the product sucks, you’ll get a ton of negative reviews so your sales will drop.

Whenever I want to buy a dubious book, I first read the 1-star reviews and then the 5-stars and use my judgement to see if it’s worth buying or not.

Exactly. And some people need the money. Really who does it hurt to write a review about a book. I read the books and post the I got a copy of this book in exchange for a review statement. I am unemployed right now and I really need the money I was making writing the reviews. Everyone can get off their snarky superior than thou high horses because it’s not an attractive quality to be happy about other people’s troubles. It’s not like we were stealing people’s pensions or selling government secrets ! For goodness sake people have some compassion.

Archived