Charging the "Commercial Use" extra - YES or NO?

charlespots

I think $50 for endlessly use of a design is too small rating, not reasonable. Reasonable would be half of the for example stocks etc prices which would be around 400-500. Like I said in previous post even on fiverr there are people who are seriously willing to pay a lot for a good design and commercial license. And then benefit of not selling commercial license is being credited for a design, on both way you win…Both gets you more earnings, one with extra sale and another with getting more clients. win-win situation, at least for designers. Only catch is which you probably know, if you are selling commercial license you can t use templates and freebies.

I don’t think you’ll have a hard time finding people who are a match for your needs. I am a writer and even more often I am a reader. I read dozens of free and cheap Indie books because they are affordable and I find many gems among heaps of not-so-much. The covers of my KU and cheap books may attract me, but even lower end covers don’t prevent me from buying and reading books of interest.

Granted, if I’m buying a book by a favorite well known author (say Lee Child or Koontz) I expect to see an amazing cover. I pay $9-15 for those books. If authors like that did buy covers on Fiverr, they wouldn’t blink at paying very well. My guess is those authors have their publishing companies handle that anyway. There is something for almost every buyer and seller here, cheap or not.

Hello, I’m a level 2 voice over artist that has been on this site for six months. For me, I started out with a $5 commercial fee, but didn’t push it on some of the sales I should have. I wish I did. Why? You might say, well this is a place to get a bargain on voice over. Yes. And an artist asking $5 for a commercial fee is next to nothing compared to other sites. I now charge $10 for commercial fees, because I provide quality work that I easily charge 5 to 15 times more on other sites. Those who object to a license fee are those who want you to provide them hundreds of dollars of voice over work for nothing and then will complain about it. They are the ones who do not understand what you are worth, and probably don’t care to find out. It’s up to you, but my clientele have improved since I require people to pay commercial fees. They understand the voice over scene much better , and appreciate the incredible deal they are getting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived