What Have You Done To Promote Your Gig?

pakarfiver

After several days making a research, I found out that some seller are getting 3 - 4 order on the first days they joined fiverr. BUT, SOME seller hardly getting any order even they have try to promote thier gig in several ways. Lets discuss…

Example:

SELLER 1: Joined fiverr and create an amateur gig + start getting order within minutes.

SELLER 2: Joined fiverr + create a professional gig (tags, video gig profile + nice description) + read some fiverr tips + read some fiverr ebook + implement some hard core ways to promote a gig = NO ORDERS.

Is this happening to you? Let discuss ‘‘What Have You Done To Promote Your Gig??’’

Unfortunately I belong to the 2nd group. I guess it has something to do with luck and maybe the originality of the gig. My gig belongs to a very competitive niche but I’m confident that the quality I bring to the table is my unique selling proposition.

Here’s my gig:

http://fiverr.com/ruzzelfiver/design-a-professional-ebook-cover

Anyway I believe the effort I’m putting into promoting my gig will payoff in the long run. I just have to be patient and wait a little longer that other luckier sellers.

If you collect my gig I’ll collect yours too, and that will help us both. Actually I created a thread for that. See it here:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/7895/i039ll-collect-your-gigs-but-wait-there039s-more#Item_27

Unfortunately I belong to the 2nd group. I guess it has something to do with luck and maybe the originality of the gig. My gig belongs to a very competitive niche but I’m confident that the quality I bring to the table is my unique selling proposition.

Here’s my gig:

http://fiverr.com/ruzzelfiver/design-a-professional-ebook-cover

Anyway I believe the effort I’m putting into promoting my gig will payoff in the long run. I just have to be patient and wait a little longer that other luckier sellers.

If you collect my gig I’ll collect yours too, and that will help us both. Actually I created a thread for that. See it here:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/7895/i039ll-collect-your-gigs-but-wait-there039s-more#Item_27

Yes, I think the key is gig originality.

Even if you are doing a gig that is already flooded with sellers in Fiverr, you can enhance it somehow.

For example, I once did an article writing gig… There are already many gigs like that on Fiverr, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway. The way I made my gig stand out was simply making it 100 extra words than the next biggest gig out there (Cos people will be searching to see which gig offers them the most for their money… and I got an order very quickly (and realized even quicker that it was too much effort for $5 so I ended up closing the gig lol).

So in your example, with tweeting to followers, maybe instead of just tweeting once, you could tweet 10 times over a month. You could then use one of those twitter scheduling services to set up the 10 tweets (One every 3 days = 1 month) everytime you get an order, so it wouldn’t be much extra work. That might catch someone’s attention and make your gig a little different to alot of other twitter gigs out there.

Good luck!

Yes, I think the key is gig originality.

Even if you are doing a gig that is already flooded with sellers in Fiverr, you can enhance it somehow.

For example, I once did an article writing gig… There are already many gigs like that on Fiverr, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway. The way I made my gig stand out was simply making it 100 extra words than the next biggest gig out there (Cos people will be searching to see which gig offers them the most for their money… and I got an order very quickly (and realized even quicker that it was too much effort for $5 so I ended up closing the gig lol).

So in your example, with tweeting to followers, maybe instead of just tweeting once, you could tweet 10 times over a month. You could then use one of those twitter scheduling services to set up the 10 tweets (One every 3 days = 1 month) everytime you get an order, so it wouldn’t be much extra work. That might catch someone’s attention and make your gig a little different to alot of other twitter gigs out there.

Good luck!

I’ve done literally nothing to promote my gig so far. except for the obvious stuff like video, description and tags thingy. That’s it. I was planning on a promotion campaign for my gig, but i always procrastinate. Yeah, i’m lazy, i know.

I think it took me about a week to get my first order, so my advice to you is to be more patient (sabar separuh dari iman ) 😉

I promised myself to upload a promotional video on youtube within this week so…let’s hope laziness will stay away from me this weekend 😃

I’ve done literally nothing to promote my gig so far. except for the obvious stuff like video, description and tags thingy. That’s it. I was planning on a promotion campaign for my gig, but i always procrastinate. Yeah, i’m lazy, i know.

I think it took me about a week to get my first order, so my advice to you is to be more patient (sabar separuh dari iman ) 😉

I promised myself to upload a promotional video on youtube within this week so…let’s hope laziness will stay away from me this weekend 😃

• 6 months later...

Well one thing you can do is get popular through social networking. I can Get you followers in both Instagram and Twitter which will boost your sales. Also If you want to get the word out I can provide retweets so that your product will be shown to thousands of people. This will boost your income and sales!!!

Yours Truly,

SilverNinja

Archived