Tips for increasing income per sale?

rmcpherson1

Hello there,

So, here’s my story. I started Fiverr about a month or so ago. I’ve since streamlined my offerings, learnt a lot about what makes a successful gig, and made some good sales.

What I want to ask today is about how to increase the income of each sale. In other words, my gigs are successful now but I’m putting in a lot of work and effort for just $4 a pop. My gig is writing high-quality and original articles.

Thank you in advance for any insight,

R

I agree that adding both the “extra fast” option, and gig extras are important. And, I can’t emphasize enough that developing a good relationship with the buyer is key. Ask questions. keep up your communication, always up sell and make sure to remind them to contact you the next time that they need work done. Best of luck!

Hi there. What you can do is to lessen the number of words you’re offering like if you’re offering 1000 words, you can change it to 500 words to get the double amount. I did the same. Started with 1000. now I offer 500. 1000 words needed a lot of hard work and research too. Good luck!

I am also a writer and I have reducing the number of words I offer in my blog post gig. I started with 400, then reduced to 350 and then to 300.
I still keep my previous offer to regular clients, and everytime I reduce the number of words I write them to let the know.
This way I try to make happy my loyal clients, but making the most of my time.

Hello! This is just a note to let you know that since your post is a question about your own sales needs and not a general tip for other sellers, it really belongs better in another forum category. Fiverr FAQ is good for broad questions although since yours is more specific, Rate my Gig is also a potentially good choice.

I charge for doing research on the writing. Anything that takes you time should cost the buyer money. So when I’m re-writing an article it’s less expensive. If it’s something on a topic I’m familiar with, I can give a reduced rate. If it’s something I know nothing about and have no interest in, it’s going to take me longer to research & absorb the information. An article took me a long time to research, the buyer wanted more articles on the same subject I would rather do more interesting smaller jobs. I quoted them a higher price based on all the research and keyword use etc. – they didn’t like the price, I said that was OK. So I didn’t insult them by saying I hated the job, I just offered to do it for enough money to be worth the pain.

Archived