Update: Suspicious Messages

natalieab

Hey guys,

Just a heads up, yesterday customer support blocked some spammers and added protection filters, however, since they can always try again make sure you do not share your password with anyone in the Fiverr network or outside the network. Once you are logged into Fiverr you should not get messages asking you to log in.

If you spot any user attempting to redirect you off of Fiverr to these phony links. Report it immediately to customer support.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I got caught with one of those mails to my fiverr inbox the other night, looked like it was from another fiverr user and asking me check out another gig link because they wanted me to do a similar gig and I stupidly clicked on it and logged in, I had afew different tabs opened at the time. My account was closed as a security precaution and I was very lucky I was able to prove I’m the real fiverr owner and I just got back in, lost my level 1 while my account was off line as well. Be really careful I’m sure the spammers are thinking up new ways to con people.

Yeah I got caught with one of those mails to my fiverr inbox the other night, looked like it was from another fiverr user and asking me check out another gig link because they wanted me to do a similar gig and I stupidly clicked on it and logged in, I had afew different tabs opened at the time. My account was closed as a security precaution and I was very lucky I was able to prove I’m the real fiverr owner and I just got back in, lost my level 1 while my account was off line as well. Be really careful I’m sure the spammers are thinking up new ways to con people.

Flip thats abit close to the bone @madmoo, yeah I guess I’m lucky then my money was stolen or they didn’t get as close as they nearly got to your paypal funds.

Same here I was trying to finish an order and upload a video and had 2 fiverr tabs opened and had been getting afew emails from buyers so didn’t think anything of it. I’m on my guard now. Only that I read the forum regularly I still wouldn’t have realised it was a con. Good to get the word out on here, save other people from it.

Flip thats abit close to the bone @madmoo, yeah I guess I’m lucky then my money was stolen or they didn’t get as close as they nearly got to your paypal funds.

Same here I was trying to finish an order and upload a video and had 2 fiverr tabs opened and had been getting afew emails from buyers so didn’t think anything of it. I’m on my guard now. Only that I read the forum regularly I still wouldn’t have realised it was a con. Good to get the word out on here, save other people from it.

Looks like everyone else had to verify the withdrawal: I didn’t. I simply got an email:

“Fiverr: Your withdrawal was successful!”

"Hey intrepidvideo,

Great news! your $*** revenues were sent to your PayPal account.

Please be patient as funds may take up to a few days to appear in your PayPal balance.

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team"

Whoop - there goes ALL of my funds. Is there a way to get it back or should I just give up?

Looks like everyone else had to verify the withdrawal: I didn’t. I simply got an email:

“Fiverr: Your withdrawal was successful!”

"Hey intrepidvideo,

Great news! your $*** revenues were sent to your PayPal account.

Please be patient as funds may take up to a few days to appear in your PayPal balance.

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team"

Whoop - there goes ALL of my funds. Is there a way to get it back or should I just give up?

Reply to @ozzieuk: That’s the thing, I didn’t. Is the confirmation link supposed to be sent to my email or my paypal account? I don’t understand how it can be so easy to withdraw money from someones account.

My paypal and email password is different than my fiverr one, so it couldn’t of been that easy for them. Anyway still waiting for CS to respond.

Reply to @ozzieuk: That’s the thing, I didn’t. Is the confirmation link supposed to be sent to my email or my paypal account? I don’t understand how it can be so easy to withdraw money from someones account.

My paypal and email password is different than my fiverr one, so it couldn’t of been that easy for them. Anyway still waiting for CS to respond.

Guest sandsservices

Yep I had the same problem. Literally feel like crying right now. So yes, I get the same message and the same link as you guys (and click it because I’d pretty naive and really don’t know much about phishing; I just stupidly assumed that Fiverr’s security would block any malicious links). So I was on my ipad, and when asked to log back in I did without questioning (this sometimes does happen on my ipad). So then I get an email a few hours later about linking my hotmail account to another (a french one) I naturally decline the request, check my email settings etc and make sure it’s all fine. Then today, literally about 30 minutes ago, I try and log into Fiverr. Password doesn’t work. Try changing my password. My email is no longer recognised. Then my partner gets an email (we use her paypal account but haven’t activated it with customer support yet) saying change of associated PayPal account. I try and get on to Fiverr and obviously reject the request but it wont let me sign in. I’ve had to create a new account to post on here (my username is shb2192), and have contacted customer support but really don’t know what to do now. I’m hoping that because the paypal account I linked to my account is my partners (she has a different email address) that they wont be able to withdraw the funds. Any help/suggestions?

Guest sandsservices

Yep I had the same problem. Literally feel like crying right now. So yes, I get the same message and the same link as you guys (and click it because I’d pretty naive and really don’t know much about phishing; I just stupidly assumed that Fiverr’s security would block any malicious links). So I was on my ipad, and when asked to log back in I did without questioning (this sometimes does happen on my ipad). So then I get an email a few hours later about linking my hotmail account to another (a french one) I naturally decline the request, check my email settings etc and make sure it’s all fine. Then today, literally about 30 minutes ago, I try and log into Fiverr. Password doesn’t work. Try changing my password. My email is no longer recognised. Then my partner gets an email (we use her paypal account but haven’t activated it with customer support yet) saying change of associated PayPal account. I try and get on to Fiverr and obviously reject the request but it wont let me sign in. I’ve had to create a new account to post on here (my username is shb2192), and have contacted customer support but really don’t know what to do now. I’m hoping that because the paypal account I linked to my account is my partners (she has a different email address) that they wont be able to withdraw the funds. Any help/suggestions?

Reply to @sandsservices: Same exact thing happened to me. Click “Forgot password? get a new one here” It sent me an email “Fiverr: Password Assistance” and the link it sent didn’t work it said "We’re sorry, but we could not locate your account.“

So I clicked C"Forgot password? get a new one here” and finally the link worked. Just try a few times. Still though I haven’t got my money back, not sure if I will.

Reply to @sandsservices: Same exact thing happened to me. Click “Forgot password? get a new one here” It sent me an email “Fiverr: Password Assistance” and the link it sent didn’t work it said "We’re sorry, but we could not locate your account.“

So I clicked C"Forgot password? get a new one here” and finally the link worked. Just try a few times. Still though I haven’t got my money back, not sure if I will.

Guest sandsservices

Reply to @intrepidvideo: Ah this is so annoying. Tried a few more times, it’s coming up with ‘The email address you entered could not be found’ so they’ve obviously managed to change my email address. I’m just hoping because the paypal account which is linked to my account is from another email address they wont be able to withdraw all my money. I hope you get your money back though!

Guest sandsservices

Reply to @intrepidvideo: Ah this is so annoying. Tried a few more times, it’s coming up with ‘The email address you entered could not be found’ so they’ve obviously managed to change my email address. I’m just hoping because the paypal account which is linked to my account is from another email address they wont be able to withdraw all my money. I hope you get your money back though!

Archived