Spam Messages Cannot be Replied to, but Bring Down My Response Rate

kimfosterga

Occasionally I will find a message that I can’t reply to because, apparently, the “buyer” is a spammer and has been kicked out or whatever. But the fact that I can’t reply to the message affects my response rate. I suspected this before, but now (since my orders are inexplicably dead) I know for sure. The other day I had 100% response rate but no open orders. Then I got a legitimate message and I went in to reply to it. At that time, I saw a spam message that I had never seen before, and suddenly my rating was down to something like 86%. I know for sure it was the un-reply-able message that did it because there was nothing else in my queue. It’s not fair that this should bring my rating down when replying to it is impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

(the reply is little late but might be useful for others coming to this post)

Hi there,

This was definitely a glitch, I had the same issue and reading the forum, it happened to many others. Sometimes the response rate just starts dropping even without messages, other times the trigger was a legit looking message auto marked as spam.

In our case it was an auto-marked spam message. The unspam button worked and a reply was given within minutes of getting it but the response rate started dropping.

I believe the system update which might’ve caused the odd behaviour, has now been resolved.

same thing happened to me. yesterday i got mail from somebody asking me to do fake reviews using my account. The message was marked by Fiverr as spam and i had two options, one to release the spam notice and reply or simply ignore it. I just deleted this message not even thinking twice, the next day my response rate dropped from 100%… this is ridiculous. are we encouraged to answer spam mail just to keep Response Rate high?

Hopefully someone from Fiverr team reads this post and add it to the ToDo list of the site developers.

• 2 weeks later...

YES FIVERR TEAM!!! PLEASE READ! Because it is still happening. I for one am sick and tired of this worthless feature putting unnecessary demands on my ability to structure my own time. If someone posts a gig and doesn’t treat it with the respect it deserves then they fail and clients move on to sellers who are more responsible. Let the market work itself out, we dont need your bs, glitchy platform making us look bad because you refuse, or can’t fix your software issues. If you want I’ll open a gig for “I will fix software issues for Fiverr for $5” and do it myself. I’m not a software engineer, but based on the lack of response in addressing user problems, I could probably still have it sorted out before you. - FRUSTRATED

I think the word from CS, is that as long as you click report message, it then doesn’t count against your response rate. This isn’t the same as the odd glitch that sometimes happens, that replying to a message doesn’t clear the warning to respond, and triggers a drop in the rate after 24hrs.

Archived