Tips for buyers looking for logos

theratypist

Reply to @theratypist: It all depend on the industry you design for, example you are a dentist a tooth will be included. suppose you dont need a tooth on the logo you could add a smile, face, stethoscope, a image of a doctor. these elements are normal
this is just an example of how it all blends into the logo, as for me a text version such as word mark or letter form would be more original. example s***e, google, ebay and Fiverr uses. but still companies like googlem ebay and microsoft uses similar colors on the logos.

i only messaged “once” didnt continue messaging 🙂 The End!

Reply to @mssheriff: I’m tired of explaining my point. You don’t really get me. It’s like I explained why apples are apples and then you start explaining why apples are related to oranges.

Yes, you would have continued messaging me had I not told you in my reply in the messages not to continue talking or I would have marked you as spam.

Anyway, I think you will have some sales sooner or later because you can communicate better than others and your logo designs are not bad. Best of luck! 🙂

Reply to @theratypist: Hi I ask one guy to make a logo he just changed the colour of the one I sent I accepted it because I wanted it coloured but he was surprised when I gave him a 4 score asked if I had made a mistake. Then they want to charge extra for making a logo transparent it has to be or you have a white mark around it when you add it to stuff. hate how I wait for a week or more and then they don’t deliver had this a few times got money back but then I have credit I don’t really need I want the gig done. One seller did shocking logos and would not stop doing modifications then when it was finally cancelled she emailed me with such abuse calling me every name very upsetting. On lady took weeks to edit a manual when I opened the work two spelling mistakes were on the first page. I asked her for a sample of the corrections because as far as I could see she had not made any and she said she did not keep the corrected pages. she did refund my $20 but I was waiting for the work. The next guy I found was outstanding reads everywhere word finds so many errors, and he is one of he cheapest on Fiverr so I suppose we have good and bad experience and where else would we get this work done within or budget. thanks for the tip on checking if it is an original logo what happens if it isn’t do we get a refund.

Reply to @gastonrobert: Hi there gaston! You’re welcome and sorry to hear about your unfortunate incidents with some sellers. Sometimes in looking for logo designs it’s trial and error until you find the right seller. You really have to read their gig description and check their samples so you will have a good idea of what they can do, what they can offer and for what price. Perhaps that seller who charged extra for the transparent mentioned it in her gig description that there is an extra charge if you want transparent logo, and it’s completely fine (unless she didn’t – because that’s another story). As for your question on the original logo thing, if it says in their gig description that they make 100% original logos and you find out that it isn’t, first discuss it with them that you found out it isn’t original. You can either ask him for a refund or give him another chance to remake the logo so it would be 100% original. If you and the seller cannot come into terms with the problem, you can bring it to Fiverr Customer Support and they will help you out. 🙂

There will always be new designers who do not have any reviews at first. That does not necessarily mean one cannot trust them. I am new and I guess the fact that I do not have any reviews are counting against me. Perhaps once I cross that barrier I will be trusted more?

Reply to @mxdesign: Yes, of course there will be new designers who do not have any reviews at first. That’s where everybody starts. I did not mean anything about new designers not being trustworthy. Some designers with many reviews may even not have any photos with reviews because they choose not to turn on the live portfolio feature. What I said (just as seen in my update) is that my tip is based on experience because I’ve worked whose work is not at par with the gig samples even when I’ve paid the best amount for a good job (meaning more than $5), I just expect that their level of work should also be of the same level as their gig samples. And to be honest, I find a lot of “designers” here on Fiverr who call themselves professional “logo designers” who just have gig samples of work that’s completely not theirs, that’s why buyers get fooled. I just gave out a tip based on my personal experience.

There will many buyers who choose sellers with reviews and there will also be other buyers who choose to go with new sellers. Do not be discouraged with this, I am also seller at the same time a buyer. I started out with no reviews and days without sales at all, it was tough, but I just kept holding on and overdelivered and that’s how I’ve made a good batch of repeat clients.

I see that your gigs are in the field of design, although you have a lot of competition here on Fiverr, it’s also one of the most in demand. Just keep checking the buyer’s requests section everyday. I’m sure a lot of buyers post something about needing some designs done. Best of luck! And I hope you get sales soon!! You can also read the tips for sellers section to help you out more! 🙂

Finding a good logo design is the worst here. Most “samples” are not their work. I like sample 3 but end up with text with a PS gradient filter wow LOL. I went thru 4 before even getting one remotely usable one … and it took weeks plus still had to redo it in AI and PS. If you factor in the time spent going back and forth, refunds and all the BS it’s way cheaper to get them done locally for $100 - $200 bc those $5 - $15 gigs will end up costing the same if not more … unless you have low expectations and dont value your time.

And to the guy who says he doesnt like buyers contacting him first … oh really? You just want people to send you money and hope for the best huh? Good to know lol

And to all you sellers with pictures of hot chicks as your profile pic or claim to be in the US … your not fooling anyone and based solely on those two lies I wont do biz with you.

Hi Guys,

There is a nice conversation going on here. And that is a very useful tips from Theratypist.
It is true if you are looking for logo design, you should see the Live portfolio part of the gig.

About sending message before placing and order is not a problem for me, I always answer my buyers message, sometimes they need more explanation about my service. Actually I prefer if buyer send me a message first and clarify something that they don’t understand yet rather than go place an order and ask for something that I do not offer in my gig. And by sending a message first you can evaluate the seller by how they respond to your message.

Sometimes I am very annoyed with buyer that didn’t read through my gig description before placing and order, because I already explain everything there as clear as I can, but in the end what they ask is not match with the order.

So a very simple tips for buyer is to “Read the Gig Description from Start to the End” and ask the seller if you are not sure that the seller can do the work that you need or not.

Another one, the are a lot of “Logo Designer” either a real designer or just a wanna be designer in Fiverr. So don’t lazy to scroll down the Logo Page, you can’t find a beautiful pearl without going deep deep down. 🙂

Oxy

• 1 month later...

Archived