Can I block an Annoying buyer

cpnsandcredit

Is there a way to block a buyer? Or is there anything bad that happens if you do not accept a particular customer?

I have someone who has been messaging me and trying to negotiate prices all day long. I have been really patient and answered every question - but I can tell if I do accept his business more than likely he will give me a bad review just because he is trying to be a jerk.

So can I block him or not service him? Is there any negative repurcussions with that?

The way I see it; you have two options:

1. Stand by your rate if you know you deliver top notch quality work, and let him know that is the price (no one can negotiate with pizza hut if that’s the price for the pizza they want). Then deliver earlier than he’s expecting, with your best work yet. (Let him know you also have a full 5 star review for him for his exceptional professionalism and his diligence in querying all information before buying, so you will only be able to leave his review after he also leaves a full review for you, and if he has any queries or modifications needed, just handle it to make him happy. If he is still not pleased, you are in your early stages, and you can just be professional and refund him, to keep your 100% rating. (You will have buyers like this in the future, and worse; so you will need the experience to properly deal with them - with utmost professionalism).

2. Kindly explain to him that some of the requirements he’s requesting, you will not be able to fulfil and so, you can recommend him to another seller in your category that will be able to better suit his needs. He will appreciate your honesty, and you will not have to worry about losing rating or money. (There will be more buyers).

These are two ways to properly deal with this; there is always a risk in business, but it’s your approach that is more important.

Good Luck - Cheers! :)>-
Speedy876

just send a polite note back saying " Thank you for your interest but I am not able to do the job at this time. There are many other wonderful sellers to work with. All the best to you."

And leave it at that. You are very right to think that someone who has been difficult all day is going to screw you in the end, AND be that difficult to work with the whole time. Some people just want a deal and to not pay.

In the future just do not go back and forth like that negotiating, it’s not worth the deal. Cut it off much earlier and just politely say thank you but I cannot do the job for that price, there are many wonderful sellers, blah, gblah, blah…then if they try and scream and yell at you before any order at that point, just do not write back and report it to Customer Support. Having a poilte response to them saying you cannot do the job for that price and encouraging them to use other sellers, will help show Fiverr how mean the other person really is.

What @sincere18 said, I’ve come to realize that buyers that msg you back n forth trying to get deals on a set price are usually either scammers or scrooges, that no matter how good your finished project is will either try and get it for free or at a discounted price, stick to your guns, and deny them politely, if they keep bugging you, report them via your inbox, that will mark their messages as spam and they won’t be able to contact you or if all else fails, contact CS 🙂

Reply to @steixeira: well, you need to make sure you say it politely and professoinally though. Some people write really rude things and then people report it to CS so that does not reflect well on you. So I agree, as long as a seller is profesional when saying no there would not be any negative reprecussions.

I think the approach to take would depend on what stage you are on Fiverr, how well you think you are doing sales-wise and review-wise, and what you are willing to put up with.

My first year, I pretty much accepted every gig and order that came through, regardless of whether or not the buyer seemed “difficult”.

After being on Fiverr a little over a year now, and having worked really hard to get great reviews, establish myself, and value what I offer, I’m more selective now and don’t just accept every job or inquiry that comes my way, especially if I get a sense that a potential buyer might be difficult to work with from the get go, based on a few signs (one of which you mentioned in your post) I’ve learned to quickly detect. It’s just not worth the headache and effort.

As others mentioned, just communicate with them nicely and professionally, whatever you decide. I have blocked people before if I feel I don’t want to do business with them.

Personally, based on my own experiences, I think you should follow your instincts about this particular buyer, but again, it would depend on some of the factors I mentioned in my first paragraph above.

Good luck, stay positive, and follow your instincts!

Reply to @aphollingworth: If your gig description clearly states EXACTLY what they will get for $5. Then you simply message them back saying something like…As state in my gig, $5 covers xxxxx amount of work. Since you are asking for extra amount, that will be $X additional. I am happy to do this work if you can go and order the extra (or offer a custom order or however you want to do this part).

If they say no, then you do a mutual cancellation.

But you need to make sure your gig is very clear.

Also, your gig does not say they have to contact you first, so if you want them to do that, then you need to say it in your ad.

So I am curious, this buyer who just ordered your gig and paid too little for the amount of work they want - what did they tell you they wanted? WAs it more than 150 words? Your gig says up to 150 words for $5 - how many words did they send you?

Reply to @aphollingworth:
If the buyer did not order correctly then you can send him an offer with the additional costs.
Open the order and at the very bottom there is the message box, to the bottom left of the message box, there is the option OFFER MORE EXTRAS. Use this feature to inform the buyer and add the additional costs.
If the buyer does not respond or does not agree, then cancel the order. And state why you cancelled the order.

• 1 year later...

Hi Suzy,

How do you select what buyers you want to work with? I get a lot of buyers who just order my gig without talking to me first.

My latest problem is someone has just ordered my gig and has paid too little for the amount of work they want.

So sorry - I just saw this!

I simply thank them for their order and reply kindly, letting them know I’ll need to add the extras or add-ons for their order since we seem to be a bit short. In almost every case, they’ll accept this. Some buyers just don’t know.

I always try to resolve this first, but without going back and forth more than once. Too much back and forth, and you can tell they’ll be difficult to work with.

If they look like they’ll be a problem and they already placed the order, I kindly let them know, “thank you, but I’m afraid I may not be a good fit for this project.”

Archived