Buyers leaving a tip?

nicktribedesign

I’ve found that it is normal for buyers not to leave me a tip, even if they are totally happy with their experience ordering with me. It doesn’t bother me at all, but I just wondered if this is the case for other sellers.

If you are regularly receiving tips for your work - what’s your secret!

Yeah. Sometime buyer is excited after reviewing the work and they provide tip ($5 most of time). Previously I had a buyer who had newly joined fiverr. He asked for editables. I have provided guide to add it to order and even sent a custom offer, but he still didn’t got what I was talking about. I have told him about a tip rule after completing gig and sent the editable. So then he gave $5 tip even the editable cost $10, clearly mentioned in my gig =))
So yeah! Only in exceptional circumstances.

Reply to @xqggqx: another example: i recently offered a client 10 (minor) revisions, which i obviously would never do on a $5 order, but i did it as she was a good customer (and promised a tip after ~5 revisions). afterwards, she tipped $10 and bought a $5 commercial license. she wasn’t planning on doing any of that at the start.

so i made $20 out of what was a actually quite a basic order. but it depends on the customer. as time goes on, you’ll learn to know who might tip and who definitely won’t

good luck!

Totally agree with what people are saying. Going above and beyond is definitely what the tip system is for!

But perhaps customers don’t always appreciate when we do go above the call of duty? It can be quite disheartening when customers don’t recognize how much work has gone into fulfilling the specifics of their order. Should a seller point out how good their service is? Or is it best just to let it go?

Guest mindgasm

All about storytelling. If you deliver your work by just saying something simple like “Here you go!”. Then no matter how many hours you worked on that thing, the way you express yourself makes it look like the job was really easy for you.

You do logo design, so there are so many details you can (and should) describe to your client. The choice of typeface, the story behind that typeface, the colors, the graphics, the overall layout etc etc.
Your client is not an expert. He sees the logo and thinks that it’s just a simple graphics with some text. But you’re the expert. You spent years learning your craft, it’s part of your job to educate your client, and explain how their logo was born.

Think about it like this. If in future you get hired by a company who has a $10 000 budget for their logo. You ask $5000 upfront and start working on it. Then two weeks later you go to the meeting, and present them with your design, a simple letter “A” graphics.
What do you think how many hours you will have to prepare working on your speech, to explain all the details about how that “A” is not just an “A”. That this “A” is everything that their company stands for. That after you have finished your story, you will not only get your remaining $5k, but a leap in career with ton of new opportunities.

It does not matter if it’s a project that takes you 5 minutes to complete, or if it takes you 5 months to complete. There is always a story behind your work. You know something about your work that your client doesn’t. Educate your client, so he will see that it’s not just a “quick job for someone…”, but that there is actually years of hard work in it. This is how your client sees that your service is worth paying extra. At least I would be embarrassed not to tip you.

Archived