Relationship with repeat buyers

shainewilliams

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Repeating buyers will be a good way to introduce our new services by giving some offers for them. So, you can get some good reviews as you got earlier by offering quality services for them. Then you can increase your rankings and you also can drive your service to a higher place in that category. 🙂 But never please to order it or never force to order it. It’ll harm to your reputation as well. 🙂

Cheers! :)>-

I usually don’t as I believe they will come back when they will have something for me. Of course they are not waiting for my message as reminder that they have to get something done.

But I do greet them very nicely when they come back with more projects and after its completion I say “Let me know if you need anything else. I am here to help”. That’s it 🙂

For me, it really depends on the buyer and my relationship with them. I have three repeat buyers who have made up over half of my sales. Those three I am on a first name basis and we regard each other as friendly associates. I have no problem checking in on them for leads after about a week or so, and they tend to prefer that because it lets them know that I’m ready for whatever they have for me at the time. One of those clients orders large instalments of an ongoing project at a time, so he likes me to have a relatively clear queue before ordering and he relies on me to tell him when the scheduling is best. One is on another continent, so it is easier for her to know when I am reachable if I message her first. The other is a project manager, so whether or not she has work for me depends on whether or not she is working herself, so we maintain a pretty open line of communication between projects. I also offer various other services that I do not have active gigs for and which they are interested in, so messaging them lets me know when to launch the new gig.

I also have a long-term repeat buyer who is wonderful and always has new work for me, but we just don’t have that kind of rapport. I would never think of messaging him for a lead unless he asked me to.

Reply to @fastcopywriter: I have no idea what you’re talking about… I think you should get more points for gas stations, though, especially given that grocery stores don’t seem to carry the new Lays chip flavors. Only a gas station can do that.

I am definitely not into outside communication. I love ATM’s, self checkouts and online shopping. Blocking calls is fantastic! Especially since most of them can be easily tracked by running a reverse phone search and you know immediately if it was a sales call or a survey regarding Lays chips. 😉

• 6 months later...

I would say that it is absolutely acceptable if done in a respectful manner. You should make sure that the contact is done on a limited basis and that EVERY time you contact them you bring something of value to them. It could be information about a new service that you offer that may be relevant to them for a specific reason. It could be a heads up about an upcoming vacation in case they anticipate needing something. It could be a “credit” for an additional value you will give them on their next order as a “thank you” for their business. Make sure they are glad they heard from you instead of thinking that you are becoming a pest. Also, do your best to humanize the experience. Let them know that you are not a $5 service, you are a person who provides a service.

I think it is of no important to check them in. Fiverr is a marketplace and you cannot go bothering or greeting your repeated customers even when they do not want your services or goods. If they want your service again they will surely come back again and again.

You have to be really careful on contacting repeat buyers. You don’t want to come across pushy. Be respectful and offer value. For me, I’m so new to fiverr (7 sales in about 1 month) I only plan to contact repeat buyers seldomly or if they mentioned something in a prior conversation that leads me to reconnect with them. For example, one customer stated she was making a coloring book for her best friend. I contacted her to offer her 6 photo conversions and a custom cover for $5 when my gig is only for 5 photo conversions. Ultimately I received a $10 tip on that order. Kindness and great customer service go along way.

After you deliver your order to a buyer, that is the end of the relationship you have with them unless they ask you questions or contact you afterward, or they want a modification. You can send them a message directly related to the order you delivered within a few days but that is it.
You are not allowed to contact them after that for any reason. To do so is spam.

Most of my repeat buyers tip me, because of fast delivery.
So I always contact the time to time, When I’m free.
But i think fiverr should introduce a timeline of buyers profile. Where we can see what type of work he’s looking for. What other seller’s done for him?
So we can provide a better work than previous seller.

Also i want that fiverr introduce a chat box rather than the messages,
Where we ask the buyer’s too add us , so in future if we see them online.
We immediately ask them , what they are looking for?

Also, I think is important to create a good relationship with buyer and buyer to contact freely with you. And I prefer to make discounts for regular clients, so this is like an respect for him, because he trusted in you many times.

Archived