What will be happen if I promote my fiverr's profile link?

raina07

Question

Reply to @raina07: That’s the problem, they have many rules. Nowadays Quora demands long answers, otherwise they won’t accept your answer.

Example: Question: Do you like Stephen King?
Answer: Yes, I love his books.

That’s not good enough for Quora. Someone told me to do Yahoo Answers, but my yahoo profile features my real name, so that would be embarrassing. You got to protect your online reputation.

Reply to @raina07: I cannot fully agree on this one. This particular issue is very different from one person to another. It isn’t about just embarrassment at all. It’s about safety. Some people can afford the luxury of being known or even “famous.” True celebrities sometimes find this makes them successful, others adopt stage identities and disappear later, and some get into trouble.

This is a personal decision for everyone and it’s not about transparency. I am highly transparent about my passions, skills, degree, my country, and my language. I am not and do not want to be well known on the internet or anywhere else at this time and yet I can gain a great reputation because all the things that matter to a buyer are true and out there. Things that matter only to me and my family are my own to do as I see fit with.

Reply to @raina07: I’m very transparent, but unlike 20-year-olds, I don’t believe in sharing my entire life online. The online world is dangerous, many people have gotten fired for things they say online. A sheriff complained about a political movement, and he got fired.

Students complain about their teachers, and they get in trouble. Besides, I only have one real name or ID, why would I soil it? Why hurt my reputation? Why say or do something I’ll regret in the future?

Anonymity with pseudonyms is safer and smarter. I’m not Pewdipie, I’m not trying to become famous, I don’t do YouTube videos expressing myself, don’t see the point.

Reply to @raina07: To be honest I can’t understand your English in this post to be sure what you mean. Based on what I can read, I have a little to say. Strategy is important but different strategies work for different people. I know that @fastcopywriter and I differ in certain areas and agree on others.

No matter which strategy someone uses, though, I have some respect for anyone with more than 2000 reviews and what he’s doing is working for him. So, to each their own.

Reply to @raina07: If this helps any, I am a Fiverr forum moderator. The little yellow star on my post marks me a “sheriff” - Fiverr’s word for moderator. I can assure that that Fiverr does not ban you for promoting your profile elsewhere unless you do something that breaks Fiverr’s own rules.

The person on Quora probably got banned for something else and doesn’t want to admit it. I would say, though, your best bets right now might be to promote yourself on sites that other sellers have used successfully. I can’t personally speak for Quora, but I’ve promoted profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Blogger, Blogspot and my personal site without a problem.

Reply to @usmanjalal: Actually Quora don’t block any link. I have been with Quora since 2 years. I have shared many links as promotional and reference as well. But didn’t face any restriction till now. Someone shared his/her profile link on Quora. It accept the link but when I visited that link, Fiverr shows on top This account banned. I have asked him why his account was banned.
He suspect like Fiverr banned his account for promoting.

Archived