Concern for newbies

bigsean38

is there anything in place here to really help us newbies because we find ourselves barely getting by! why is it that we are the ones i see on here for almost a year now that dont get any orders? if the top sellers get all the orders,whats there for us! we wait,and wait,but nothing happens! i just dont know if its worth going on! plenty of others are in the same shoes as me that need to know what can we prove to show we can do this! or are only the top sellers worth the time of day when it comes to these gigs!

hi @bigsean38,

I agree that the site is lacking in available information regarding fiverr resources and processes. I found it very difficult to navigate through the site and find info on features on processes. Even when I viewed info, it was very limited and didn’t really explain in much detail.

That’s when I found the forums! I think the best resource that Fiverr has is its community of sellers AND buyers. I have learned a tremendous amount of information from reading the forum and getting engaged in conversations here.

As far as what @vedmak mentioned above, I completely agree with the tips for your gig. SEO is a highly competitive arena here and you really need to be able to stand out in order to get noticed.

You need to focus on your GIG keywords and even change them up every now and again to get fresh in the system. Your GIG photo is too generic, as well. Even if it is a custom made logo you created yourself, a short explainer video about how your service works will do wonders for your gig. Gigs with video get placed in more locations on the site and are more enticing to potential clients in general.

Also, add more gigs! One underperforming gig is not going to get you any where. When I first joined in February this year, my first GIG sat there for two weeks without any activity. I pulled it down and put up a new gig with a video and received my first order within 4 days! That was March 3rd. Today we just received notification that we are level 2!

We only have one other active gig right now, plus a tip gig, but if you can put together 4 or 5 gigs that make sense and have a video, your profile will be all over the place, getting exposure and views from potential clients.

Best of luck and many fiverrs in the future!

jive-a-five

hi @bigsean38,

I agree that the site is lacking in available information regarding fiverr resources and processes. I found it very difficult to navigate through the site and find info on features on processes. Even when I viewed info, it was very limited and didn’t really explain in much detail.

That’s when I found the forums! I think the best resource that Fiverr has is its community of sellers AND buyers. I have learned a tremendous amount of information from reading the forum and getting engaged in conversations here.

As far as what @vedmak mentioned above, I completely agree with the tips for your gig. SEO is a highly competitive arena here and you really need to be able to stand out in order to get noticed.

You need to focus on your GIG keywords and even change them up every now and again to get fresh in the system. Your GIG photo is too generic, as well. Even if it is a custom made logo you created yourself, a short explainer video about how your service works will do wonders for your gig. Gigs with video get placed in more locations on the site and are more enticing to potential clients in general.

Also, add more gigs! One underperforming gig is not going to get you any where. When I first joined in February this year, my first GIG sat there for two weeks without any activity. I pulled it down and put up a new gig with a video and received my first order within 4 days! That was March 3rd. Today we just received notification that we are level 2!

We only have one other active gig right now, plus a tip gig, but if you can put together 4 or 5 gigs that make sense and have a video, your profile will be all over the place, getting exposure and views from potential clients.

Best of luck and many fiverrs in the future!

jive-a-five

Archived