What if you don't want to leave a review?

isolem

I recently purchased a gig. The seller completed the order, but afterward, I didn’t want to leave a review. I wasn’t overly impressed, but I didn’t feel the need to ravish the seller with bad feedback. I gave relevant feedback to the seller in question, but didn’t feel the need to publicly denounce his gig. At the same time, I didn’t want to praise it either. My preference was to remain mute.

The drawback to this, is that I now have this request to do a review sitting in on my to do list. Will this ever go away, or will I have to stare at it for eternity?

You’re kidding me! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Crap. I have another one that I’m equally unimpressed with and I didn’t want to drag that seller down either, but the idea of giving his gig a good review, just so I don’t have to work around that %&*% review request doesn’t sound thrilling either. Then again, staring at the request forever is going to drive me nuts.

Ahm! This is something which happened to me as well. After giving 100+ orders to a guy I started feeling as if he don’t really care about me anymore. Late deliveries, mistakes, no replies and a lot more.

I never wanted to give bad review as I am a seller myself. I know how much it hurts. I decided to give 5 stars and not write anything. Stopped using that seller. But I had an advantage, I created account when fiverr was old. Earlier in “to-do” it used to have an option to hide those “feedback” options. For that reason I never see such requests in “to-do” list.

Reply to @isolem:
As a seller, I respect the fact that you can remain neutral if you are not completely satisfied with the results, but, it would be really appreciated if you could take a second at least to say "thank you’ as a review based on the grounds of the time, tire and effort the buyer has put into your order and done his ultimate to give in his best. I am sure any buyer would greatly value that.
thank you.

Reply to @shanikachp: I think as a seller, I did show him respect by not reviewing the gig. Did he put time into the gig? Maybe. That was one of the things that troubled me about it. To be more specific, it was a gig promoting a book I was running a free promotion on. I ran this particular book on an independent website during the beta phase and it scored well, receiving more than 10,000 downloads and scoring 8’s, 9’s and 10’s in ratings. The cover was professionally done (costing $100) and the description was well done (also hired professionally). I have more than 25 titles published under multiple pen names and I run free promotions all the time. I vary the sources of promotion in hopes that I will net different readers this way. Unfortunately, this seller netted me virtually zero results.

Are you suggesting that I should give him a 5 star rating simply because he said he promoted it to more than 200,000 consumers? To me, doing that would suggest to other potential customers of his that his service was a value to me. Even if I left no comment, the five star rating alone would give him props that I don’t believe he deserved. By all rights, I should have given him a 1 star rating and explained why in hopes to dissuade other authors from using a service that can’t even promote a book that is free. At least that’s what I think.

I took the high road, however. I took the time to explain to him my dissatisfaction and also to give suggestions as to how to improve his results. My hope is that he will.

Reply to @rahulkajla1: I feel the same way about giving a bad review. Unfortunately, I didn’t take the time to ask enough questions of the seller before purchasing the gig. I should have made sure I had some way to verify his claim that he could reach so many consumers before purchasing the gig. This was a major factor in my decision not to give a bad review. I had no way of verifying whether or not he even promoted my work at all. I took it as a learning experience. I don’t normally use fiverr sellers to promote my work. I doubt I will again. I will go to the sources I used previously, which have netted me much better results.

• 2 months later...

I don’t know how to remove that, perhaps it’ll go after a while? How long has it been so far?

As for not leaving negative feedback, I’d consider that one carefully. I don’t like to leave negative feedback myself, but even if it makes me feel horrible, if a seller doesn’t do satisfactory work I feel it’s important to let others know. Buyers use the feedback to avoid making a mistake in their purchase, no one ones to by sub par goods. As horrible as it sounds, If a seller cannot live up to the promises in his/her Gig, then losing sales is a natural and deserved consequence.

For example If I needed something done urgently, and there was a seller promising next day delivery (even worse if it’s a gig extra), but then took several days because of not meeting the standards promised and needing lots of revisions, then i would make that clear in the feedback so the next person who was in my position could avoid the same mistake.

There could be a new seller who’s absolutely brilliant but not getting many sales because his /her competitors clients didn’t want to leave bad reviews, making the newcomer look underservedly less trusted than their competitors.

I think leaving a negative review isn’t a good idea. A negative review may not necessarily be the fault of the seller. Most at times the way the buyer present what he or she want can be so bad that even the seller can’t figure out or understand what that buyer want. I am a graphic designer (www.uk.fiverr.com/justicslogo) and one of the information that i need from a buyer when he/she is make an order is to attach a sketch of how he/she want the order to be(envision) and secondly he or she must respond quicker to messages send to he/she.I take the example from my 8 recent deliveries that i send to my buyers, form this 8 orders, i discovered that all 5 orders that gave me the sketch and responded faster to messages i send to them all gave me 5 star positive review because they were satisfied with their delivery at the end while the other 3 buyers did’t send the sketch, responded to my messages or posted a positive review. All of this just shows how un-serious the buyer is and at the end the buyer will come and start throwing curses at the seller for nothing. Such buyer should not be allowed to shop on fiverr.

• 2 weeks later...

Not the sellers fault, it’s because the buyer presents it badly, the buyer isn’t serious, and it’s not the sellers fault…aren’t you just pinning everything on the buyer? Without knowing the reasons behind bad most of the bad reviews on the site, no one will take you seriously when you make such claims. There are legitimate reasons for leaving a bad review, and it’s an important feature for any eCommerce or similar website.

Let me put this to you:
If the buyer wasn’t clear enough when they made the order, why don’t you cancel it? It’s within your right to do so. Instead, and while being fully aware that you will not be able to produce satisfactory work with the information you have, you continue anyway, and blame the buyer when it goes wrong. It’s effectively making promises you can’t keep, and any seller that operates in this fashion deserves every bad review they get. If you accept an order or do no cancel, that is telling the buyer you are able to complete the order with everything they have provided. In this situation alone (I’m not speaking for other cases of bad reviews, just the point you made) this is the sellers responsibility.

>Such a buyer should not be allowed to shop on fiverr.
I’d like to say a sellers with an unserious attitude and lacking in responsibility shouldn’t be allowed to sell on fiverr.

Archived