What Top 3 Things would You Most Like to see Changed with Fiverr's Policies or Processes?

Guest scriptwizard

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @itsyourthing: so if you suddenly disappear off the face of the forum & all this weird stuff starts occurring (more so than it does now), then we’ll know you’ve been made support sheriff of Fiverr for sure.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @scriptwizard: You know, I am always happy to take responsibility - as long as I am given the authority as well.

Ha, I was going to say that Fiverr would never hire me because there are other users that have been here far longer and that should know much more than I… it just wouldn’t make sense. And then I realized I was talking about Fiverr! 😃

(If I suddenly disappear, I’m pretty sure we’ll all know it’s because of comments like that.) 😉

Reply to @scriptwizard: You know, I am always happy to take responsibility - as long as I am given the authority as well.

Ha, I was going to say that Fiverr would never hire me because there are other users that have been here far longer and that should know much more than I… it just wouldn’t make sense. And then I realized I was talking about Fiverr! 😃

(If I suddenly disappear, I’m pretty sure we’ll all know it’s because of comments like that.) 😉

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @itsyourthing: No your right, for the record & for the benefit of all those outside our humerus clique communications reading these messages, I am merely jostling with words in the hope of forcing people to smile so hard that their ears will be pushed right to the tops of their heads & in no way is it meant to insinuate, implicate or stipulate that you categorically will have anything to do with or act for Fiverr in any administrative position whatsoever…

Any results or suggested outcomes including financial or otherwise are dependent solely on an individual’s own knowledge and ability to perform those tasks and no representation is made or implied that the applicant will succeed or do as well from using any recommended techniques.

The author of this message does not assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever for what you choose to do with this information. Apply your own judgment and decisions based on independent informed guidance. Any perceived slight of individuals or specific organizations is purely unintentional.

…& please go easy on tisyourthing when making any judgement calls, we will all turn to aggressive protesting if she did disappear as jokingly implied in complete innocents.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @itsyourthing: No your right, for the record & for the benefit of all those outside our humerus clique communications reading these messages, I am merely jostling with words in the hope of forcing people to smile so hard that their ears will be pushed right to the tops of their heads & in no way is it meant to insinuate, implicate or stipulate that you categorically will have anything to do with or act for Fiverr in any administrative position whatsoever…

Any results or suggested outcomes including financial or otherwise are dependent solely on an individual’s own knowledge and ability to perform those tasks and no representation is made or implied that the applicant will succeed or do as well from using any recommended techniques.

The author of this message does not assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever for what you choose to do with this information. Apply your own judgment and decisions based on independent informed guidance. Any perceived slight of individuals or specific organizations is purely unintentional.

…& please go easy on tisyourthing when making any judgement calls, we will all turn to aggressive protesting if she did disappear as jokingly implied in complete innocents.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: I think that was my error, it is a legal disclaimer.

What is it about suggestions then that is an improvement on rants? Will the contents actually get read by Fiverr by the year 2015 or is this just pure fantasy to think anything will get noticed at all (unless of course I deliver the results to them personally with statistics, i.e. 100% of those surveyed thus far make valid points & constructively contribute solution ideas to those problems faced, for free)? …& so on.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: I think that was my error, it is a legal disclaimer.

What is it about suggestions then that is an improvement on rants? Will the contents actually get read by Fiverr by the year 2015 or is this just pure fantasy to think anything will get noticed at all (unless of course I deliver the results to them personally with statistics, i.e. 100% of those surveyed thus far make valid points & constructively contribute solution ideas to those problems faced, for free)? …& so on.

Reply to @vedmak: You may have read one of my posts about search. CS has told me - and of course I tried to share the knowledge (with my usual ‘but you have to contact them to see if it applies to you’ disclaimer with the board): “all gigs do not show up in search results”. I know some of mine do some of time. Other times MIA. It’s just more of that Fiverr secret sauce.

vedmak said: then they can laugh and say no
I guess it's better than weeping openly and saying no.

Reply to @vedmak: You may have read one of my posts about search. CS has told me - and of course I tried to share the knowledge (with my usual ‘but you have to contact them to see if it applies to you’ disclaimer with the board): “all gigs do not show up in search results”. I know some of mine do some of time. Other times MIA. It’s just more of that Fiverr secret sauce.

vedmak said: then they can laugh and say no
I guess it's better than weeping openly and saying no.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: What a brilliant idea, posting to ourselves… “A self-Analysis Thread” or “My Personal Fiverr Diary Thread” or “How I Successfully Answered Myself Back All Year Without One Single Argument Thread.” Not sure though how to fix the ‘likes’ numbers, maybe you could start up a gig selling Fiverr thread 'likes?'

Quoting you: Second problem is that this forum is pretty dead. So dead in fact that I could not farm post count if I tried. So all my dreams of beating OBG’s count are crushed. I would have to start replying to MYSELF to have a shot at that.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: What a brilliant idea, posting to ourselves… “A self-Analysis Thread” or “My Personal Fiverr Diary Thread” or “How I Successfully Answered Myself Back All Year Without One Single Argument Thread.” Not sure though how to fix the ‘likes’ numbers, maybe you could start up a gig selling Fiverr thread 'likes?'

Quoting you: Second problem is that this forum is pretty dead. So dead in fact that I could not farm post count if I tried. So all my dreams of beating OBG’s count are crushed. I would have to start replying to MYSELF to have a shot at that.

Reply to @scriptwizard: Nope. Not a lot of people read ToS anywhere. I’m one of those rare folks, who not only reads them for just about every site I use, I’ve even gone so far as to not use or do certain things on a site if the letter of their ‘law’ is not kosher to me. As an example, back in the day (no idea if it still stands, though it probably does) Yahoo ToS state that they can use anything a user puts through their server for any purpose whatsoever for as long as it stays on their server. Obviously the legalities of the details can be interpreted and have different bearing dependent on location etc., etc., but in short that means those not-quite-professional-quality-photos of adorable little children that they use to promote their email service may in fact have been snagged from Ms. Miggins sending her friend a pic of the grandbaby via Yahoo messenger.

It’s always the ones who have fat bank that get away with not paying for anything.

Reply to @scriptwizard: Nope. Not a lot of people read ToS anywhere. I’m one of those rare folks, who not only reads them for just about every site I use, I’ve even gone so far as to not use or do certain things on a site if the letter of their ‘law’ is not kosher to me. As an example, back in the day (no idea if it still stands, though it probably does) Yahoo ToS state that they can use anything a user puts through their server for any purpose whatsoever for as long as it stays on their server. Obviously the legalities of the details can be interpreted and have different bearing dependent on location etc., etc., but in short that means those not-quite-professional-quality-photos of adorable little children that they use to promote their email service may in fact have been snagged from Ms. Miggins sending her friend a pic of the grandbaby via Yahoo messenger.

It’s always the ones who have fat bank that get away with not paying for anything.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @itsyourthing: That’s a valid point you make & a reason I too bother to read ToS (although I feel it should be law to make them more easy to understand than the foreign law language used).

If these ToS are not made transparent & remain so long drawn out like a tiresome boring novel, I find it difficult to believe that there is not a loophole in the law that would allow a majority of people to be able to argue (whenever needs arise) that these terms (set out as they are) did not make those terms clear enough.

A majority of people never read them for that simple reason. They are not reading friendly material for the average person. If you have a website by the way, make damn sure your ‘Privacy Policy’ is up to scratch & clearly visible.

I also agree with the fat cats statement you made, money appears to be the passport to total immunity these days, probably heightened for the fact that there is even less of it around in this economic climate & we’re all desperate for it (including those higher up who are prepared to do some backhanders for anything).

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @itsyourthing: That’s a valid point you make & a reason I too bother to read ToS (although I feel it should be law to make them more easy to understand than the foreign law language used).

If these ToS are not made transparent & remain so long drawn out like a tiresome boring novel, I find it difficult to believe that there is not a loophole in the law that would allow a majority of people to be able to argue (whenever needs arise) that these terms (set out as they are) did not make those terms clear enough.

A majority of people never read them for that simple reason. They are not reading friendly material for the average person. If you have a website by the way, make damn sure your ‘Privacy Policy’ is up to scratch & clearly visible.

I also agree with the fat cats statement you made, money appears to be the passport to total immunity these days, probably heightened for the fact that there is even less of it around in this economic climate & we’re all desperate for it (including those higher up who are prepared to do some backhanders for anything).

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: I don’t remember the bit about being decent to each other, I had better start being nicer to you then I suppose (…if I must).

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: I don’t remember the bit about being decent to each other, I had better start being nicer to you then I suppose (…if I must).

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @scriptwizard: Oh dear, Iv’e accidently replied to myself instead of ved (a sure sign this forum is driven me mad). I think you forgot the the stinking out of this equation… “Stinking Rich” because there is a smell about them… brown nosed to get to the very top lol

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @scriptwizard: Oh dear, Iv’e accidently replied to myself instead of ved (a sure sign this forum is driven me mad). I think you forgot the the stinking out of this equation… “Stinking Rich” because there is a smell about them… brown nosed to get to the very top lol

Archived