Posting gigs on Facebook

robinshaw

I have had a little more luck on Twitter than on Facebook, I think because with the hashtags and searching, you’re more likely to have people you don’t already know find your posts.

That said, I have had a little bit of luck via Facebook, just by letting friends know about my gigs. Now and then one of them contacts me for a little gig. I often help friends out with stuff for free, and I think what can help on Facebook is to give “samples” of your work to your friends for free. You could do a status update where you link to one of your gigs and then ask if anyone wants a free tip related to that gig.

I have had a little more luck on Twitter than on Facebook, I think because with the hashtags and searching, you’re more likely to have people you don’t already know find your posts.

That said, I have had a little bit of luck via Facebook, just by letting friends know about my gigs. Now and then one of them contacts me for a little gig. I often help friends out with stuff for free, and I think what can help on Facebook is to give “samples” of your work to your friends for free. You could do a status update where you link to one of your gigs and then ask if anyone wants a free tip related to that gig.

• 3 months later...

Archived