From Zero to $100

denovo8590

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips,
I have another TIP i used many times and proved its efficiency every time i use it:
When some body send you a message asking if you could do the job and requesting a quote, you can go ahead an give it a try then deliver the work, and ask him or her to to place an order or just send them a custom offer for the work you have already delivered before they place any order ( of course if they were satisfied or they can do revisions).Your Initiative will give your customers trust and confidence in you.

[self-promotion removed - links to gigs/profile go only in My Fiverr Gigs]

Reply to @belf202: If you are saying that one of your recommendations is to sometimes delivery work before the buyer pays for it and only have them pay IF they like it, I would give a strong caution to sellers who might try this advice. The vast majority of time this will only result in you doing work and getting no money and no review. Buyers should pay before you do any work. A sample for only $5 is a good idea rather than an expensive custom quote done for a new and unknown buyer, but a freebie sure can lead to disappointment.

The only way I would ever do this myself is if I was so desperate that it was worth giving free samples completely away without expectation of return. One might hope then that the buyer would come back wanting to buy up front. I don’t anticipate that ever actually happening.

Reply to @havardh and @fonthaunt:
Thanks for your replies,
May be you are talking about big projects that need time and big effort, for my case as a graphic designer, i am talking about something easy to do and take a short time, a gig of $10 or 15, that takes 15 or 20 minutes to be done.
What i wanted to say is doing the task or a part of it will shorten the way to the order, rather than negotiating the cost and just discussing with the customer, you can just do it in a short time and the client will be surprised with the result and goes ahead with the order, i have done it so many times and worked well. For the other gigs it depends and the complexity of the service you offer.

Guest kijdoesstuff

Thanks for the tips! As a new seller who’s anxious to start out, this is really helpful. It gives me hope I might have a chance to succeed. Hope you continue to have growing success here, @denovo8590!

Reply to @belf202: What if you do the work up front with that plan and then when make your quote, the buyer doesn’t order or doesn’t like your price? I mean, I understand your strategy but maybe you are just an amazing sales writer.

When I had my best gigs up I got plenty of buyers who messaged and sounded very serious but not nearly all of them ordered. It would be too risky for me, and I don’t even charge as much as you do. (10-15 minutes would be a $5 gig for me most of the time.) If it works for you, cool, but I would hate to see new sellers thinking that it works that way for most people.

Archived