Formatted Gig Descriptions

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

ABSOLUTELY! It’s surprising they have not made this available as yet! It might be though they are doing this so that people have to get creative and learn to condense their description. You know what they say … “Give them an inch and the will take a mile!” With the way it is now it’s very challenging ~ I like a challenge! but not a block of text! lol

The run-on sentences block is not how people are accustomed to getting information. It has to be leading to drop out of instruction reads before people get all the pertinent information, leading not only to miscommunication (and unhappy buyers and sellers), but even lower conversion rates.

Yes, Fiverr…less people buying because they don’t full understand what is being sold/are not energized by the text mash up.

It’s doubtful that color, font changes, sizes, bolding, etc. is necessary, but simple carriage returns would certainly lend to more of a regular information exchange and likely increase performance at all levels. That would keep the overall style of the pages intact, make things more sensible and I for one, could easily live with it counting against the overall length of a post, erasing whatever concern there is there.

I don’t care about colors or text size but PLEASE, can I at least make my text look readable instead of a tl;dr wall of text. I’ve tried to simplify my gig descriptions as much as possible but the bare minimum still looks terrible without any spacing. UGH it can’t be that hard to add this in.

oldbittygrandma said: I too, would like to hear some communication on this and other features we can expect in 2013.

Thank you OBG, you make me feel "reasonable" in my request, because I think you're the strongest water carrier for Fiverr on the forums. So if you agree it's reasonable, I must be being reasonable in this case.

I do know ...at times... I am unreasonable :) I try though.

talywa said: I don't care about colors or text size but PLEASE, can I at least make my text look readable

You're correct here. There is really no reason this "feature" cannot "grow" and improve.

If we could merely have "line breaks" today, things would be better. And it seems to me (a totally no programmer) that would be VERY simple. We can add more bells and whistles over time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived