Formatted Gig Descriptions

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I thought this WAS an option and I just didn’t know about it. I got all excited at the possibilities before realizing that this was just something you were WANTING. tee hee But after reading some of these comments and thinking about it more, I’m split between two frames of thought:

1. Basically all the benefits you mentioned. It would be great to have more variety in formatting and emphasis (for less misunderstandings). Obvious benefit.

2. In the scramble to “stand out from the rest”, I can see it becoming an eyesore. Think about it, scammy looking paragraphs utilizing the most color and caps lock and exclaimations that you just want to poke your eyes out! In this type of situation, I would greatly prefer the zen minimalist look of Fiverr. It forces you to stand out in another way - your ability to communicate, rather than relying on flash and color.

So, I guess it all comes down to how people use it. While I love variety (who doesn’t?!), I kind of like that the current format at least rewards those who take the time to stand out with their words…putting your personality into writing to appeal to the buyers. 🙂

At first I thought this WAS an option and I just didn’t know about it. I got all excited at the possibilities before realizing that this was just something you were WANTING. tee hee But after reading some of these comments and thinking about it more, I’m split between two frames of thought:

1. Basically all the benefits you mentioned. It would be great to have more variety in formatting and emphasis (for less misunderstandings). Obvious benefit.

2. In the scramble to “stand out from the rest”, I can see it becoming an eyesore. Think about it, scammy looking paragraphs utilizing the most color and caps lock and exclaimations that you just want to poke your eyes out! In this type of situation, I would greatly prefer the zen minimalist look of Fiverr. It forces you to stand out in another way - your ability to communicate, rather than relying on flash and color.

So, I guess it all comes down to how people use it. While I love variety (who doesn’t?!), I kind of like that the current format at least rewards those who take the time to stand out with their words…putting your personality into writing to appeal to the buyers. 🙂

I vote yes! More formatting options would be so much better for everyone. Even if we could just chop it up into paragraphs instead of a massive block of text, it would make a big difference in readability.

At the moment, I’m torn between emphasizing certain specifications in my gigs with stars ★★★like this example here★★★ and reminding the buyer of any information they inevitably skip over if I don’t use stars. I don’t want my gig descriptions to look cheesy or amateurish, but I don’t want buyers to miss anything in my gig descriptions. What’s a seller to do? 🙂

I vote yes! More formatting options would be so much better for everyone. Even if we could just chop it up into paragraphs instead of a massive block of text, it would make a big difference in readability.

At the moment, I’m torn between emphasizing certain specifications in my gigs with stars ★★★like this example here★★★ and reminding the buyer of any information they inevitably skip over if I don’t use stars. I don’t want my gig descriptions to look cheesy or amateurish, but I don’t want buyers to miss anything in my gig descriptions. What’s a seller to do? 🙂

Archived