You can't get your money back as a buyer! EVER!

punabob

If you agree to purchase a Gig and it is cancelled for whatever reason, your money is no longer yours. It belongs to Fiverr and their policy is to not give it back to you. I am not sure of any other business model where they can take your money, deliver nothing and not be held accountable for it. It is an appalling business practice.

This is not actually true at all. First of all, the standard for refunds is clearly stated in the Terms of Service. It is not uncommon at all, either. Many businesses give refunds in the form of “store credit” and Fiverr does that as well. Most of the time it actually works out fine since most buyers still need the service. They use the credit to buy it from someone else. Fiverr doesn’t keep it unless you spend it - it waits for you.

Secondly, it also states in the Terms of Services that Fiverr makes exceptions on rare occasions and returns funds to the point of origin. You have to read the terms and explain to Customer Support what the issue is. I know of several buyers who had their funds entirely returned depending on the situation.

If you’re a seller and you use funds from completed orders to purchase a gig but then cancel the gig and get a refund, you can withdraw that money back to your bank account. But if you loaded money onto Fiverr from an external source, then yeah - just like it says in the terms of service - that money is refunded to you as “store credit” and can only be used for another order.

@firewheel Unfortunately there is no direct way to do this yet. There are workarounds though! If you explain the problem to the seller and ask them to divide your order into two parts, you can work it out. Have the seller make you a custom offer for the $105 and then a second custom offer for the balance.

I image features will be added to mske this easier and better in a future update to Fiverr but for now custom offers do serve as a solution.

actually that’s not true at all. As a buyer you have a lot of protection by fiverr. If you complained and fiverr team finds that indeed your seller didn’t deliver as promised they will refund your money back.

Now, this may take awhile because they also conduct their analyzes on their side but almost certain that as a buyer your totally protected here.

Thanks
@ana2001

Reply to @ana2001: What the OP is upset about is that when buyers are refunded, it doesn’t normally go back to their PayPal or credit card. They may not have read the ToS before purchasing. Fiverr does make rare exceptions but it’s not automatic. This is the excerpt from the ToS:

Refunds
Fiverr does not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider automatically. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Fiverr. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.
Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will be refunded along with your deposit."

https://fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Reply to @firewheel: you can’t but you can ask the seller to break the gig up into smaller gigs.

aLso, what kid of gig are you paying $550 for? I would not pay the whole big amount like that upfront, unless you have worked with this seller before and know their work. Smaller parts of a job along the way are better. That way you can make sure they are doing the work and delivering it a little bit at a time.

Well if you didn’t read and understand the tos then who’s fault is that?
ALWAYS read the tos, faqs, etc. FIRST! If you don’t understand anything ask on the forums or support first, don’t just blindly order something if you aren’t sure how it works or what the outcome will or won’t be, I mean seriously how hard is it to read, seems to be an epidemic on here? LOL 😛

I suppose if you are not a regular user it could be an issue.
Fiverr is the best earning site. if you do hard work and give best output to customers then there is no need of reverse action… i have completed 400 orders and i give them all complete satisfaction and no one force me or said me "refund me"
so this is a issue for failures and for those who are not professional

• 4 years later...

Fivver will refund you your money into a fivver balance, PS there is no possible way to put money into your personal banking account or general account. This is very bad customer service as well and the refund thing makes it even worst TBH!!1

5 years later.

You do realize this was five years ago?

• wp_kid locked this topic

Archived