How many sellers believe that adding video in Gig increase 220% sells?

anilgoyal

I don’t think it helps as much as they claim they do. It is helpful in the case of Video and Animation Gigs obviously but not every gig needs a video I feel. I have seen sellers making good money without videos as well but like I said their gig was something that could do on its own without the video.

I don’t know how they came with the 220% number, but I can say I like hearing from buyers that like my videos. I see the videos as commercials for my gigs, you don’t have to be on camera if you don’t want to, just search fiverr video, gig video, movie trailer, whiteboard, blackboard, and you’ll find plenty of people that will make you a video for $5. All you have to do is give them a script, it’s not so hard to do.

Honestly, i do not think it really effective…there was sometimes i do not have video on my gig, i still have sales more than when i added video to it. then i discovered that most buyers do not have time watching your gig video especially we in the graphic niche, because most of the time the thumbnail of the video will cover the gig image when displaying on fiverr. this will not give the buyer the perfect visual display of your gig image. only those who have the time to watch the video will see your samples through the video.just my opinion.

Well I had my gig up for quite awhile no video and it was doing well… even showed up on the first page of search for a while. Then I added a video and now it wasn’t showing up at all for about a week and just today I checked and it’s like in the top 30 which is basically like page 3 or 4… so I am not sure what a video is suppose to have done… but I think I might remove it… I give it another week…

Speaking as a buyer, I’ve only looked at two videos on Fiverr gigs, and both were for video-related gigs. Some of the non-video gigs I’ve purchased had videos on the gig page, but I didn’t watch them.

No idea whether it makes a difference to Fiverr’s search results, though. If it does, I imagine it would be worthwhile to add one.

Archived