Many Buyers are not writing reviews

anilgoyal

I am a second level seller and working 3-4 gigs a day and earn $1350 with 92% positive reviews. I am working according to my skill and available every time. Many buyers are not writing review for me.How can/ Do you/ have any idea to attract them to write a review.

Please suggest.

You could try simply asking for a review when the job is done, mentioning that it helps your profile grow and future buyers could see that you are trustworthy.
I think many people would like to know that they can help you out with the review and maybe they are simply caught up in their own busy lives that they forgot to do it. Just my opinion 🙂

• 3 months later...

Just be grateful that they are not leaving negative reviews. Even if you provide the very best service at the very best price and beg for a review when you deliver, many buyers still won’t leave reviews. Lots of buyers will be actually be put off if you ask for a review (depending on how you ask).

Just keeping doing great work and the reviews will come naturally.

When you deliver the order I suggest a you always include a small message to include a review. It has helped me a massive amount (although some still don’t leave a review) and I have been getting a bit more reviews.

Just include it as quick response whenever you deliver your order. Depending on different buyers, you could “follow-up” and ask if anything is wrong and if not leave a review. This can sometimes annoy buyers so it depends what you want to do.

I tried asking for reviews as part of my delivery message for a week earlier this month. Just the standard fluff. Made no difference. They do or they don’t. Same seems to go for tips. I’d really rather not go begging for either, so I’m back to my standard delivery message which is an autoresponder that notes they can request a mod, or a more personalized one if I need to explain something.

I’m more annoyed when I get a glowing review in private and an “outstanding experience!” in public. Like, dude… I know I’m fabulous, tell THEM!

For me, about 25-30% of my buyers do not leave reviews. From what I’ve seen that is standard. Personally I don’t ask for reviews. I figure, buyers leave reviews in two situations: 1. For great service they leave 5 stars. 2. For bad service the leave a negative review of 1 or 2 stars. If I go fishing for reviews from the middle of the road folk, I’m going to start getting 3 and 4 stars which I don’t want. (Asking for reviews back when it was a thumbs up or down was “safer” than it is now under the star system.) I do my best and deliver great service and hope the buyer agrees and leaves a positive review. If they thought it was fair to middling, then they don’t leave a review. Works for me. Just my take.

Good Luck!

Craving for reviews can be a dangerous game to play here, as your performance is determining with the five stars only. But depending on your communication with the buyers you can send them a polite but short message for the review. That will work as a reminder to the ‘good but lazy’ buyers to give you the review.

If I were you, I would be very careful about which advice from this thread that you follow. If you have to ask for reviews, you’re doing something wrong. As it is, a buyer must leave a review or the order will not leave his to do list for quite some time. I know this because I have avoided leaving reviews from sellers who I wasn’t completely satisfied with their work. I wasn’t so dissatisfied that I wanted to leave a negative review, so I opted not to leave a review at all. The orders sat in my to do list for at least a month.

I would say that if you are not getting reviews on a regular basis, it is because your customers are trying to be nice to you, knowing that if they leave a bad review, it will hurt your business.

Typically, if you want to increase the number of reviews you get, try to find ways to go above and beyond. Provide your customers with more than what they are paying for. This tends to make people very happy and they respond by giving you a good review.

The other important thing is that you must provide an excellent service. If what you deliver is so so, or just above average, you will always struggle for reviews.

Archived