200 gigs or a custom order?

jagroopsingh

Reply to @jagroopsingh: I don’t know the ins and outs of how much what you’re selling is meant to cost, but if you are a new seller you always wanna make the cheapest deal possible for the highest quality possible. If it is your first order you may want to propose with your buyer that you do it in smaller sections? For example a quarter of the work you are about to offer for quarter of the price, to see if you are a good fit for each other.

I definitely second @idesigngraphic. It’ll be a little annoying for your customer to order and leave feedback 200 times. You’ll definitely want more reviews but you always want to make sure that the customer has the best experience possible. I think a good alternative is the offering in smaller sections, that way you can make sure that the customer is satisfied with the first batch before you continue, and you will get more reviews.

Lowering the price for an order this big is a great idea, how much of a discount you should give depends on how much the total price is, and how much your work is worth. Don’t give a discount so large that you are giving away your work, because your work is always valuable.

Good luck!

A custom order is the right way to go, but I’d add that you shouldn’t do all the work in one big order. If there are 200 tasks to be done - if I were in your shoes - I’d break them into four custom orders of 50 tasks each. Only work on one batch at a time, and don’t start the next batch of 50 tasks until the previous one has been marked as finished and with a positive review. If you’re dealing with a scammer, this will help you reduce the chances that he or she could get all the work out of you in one order, and then dispute it with PayPal and get a refund via a chargeback.

Reply to @jagroopsingh: I think you should break that order up just to be safe. Having one big order can be a bit unsafe. not saying the buyer isn’t trustworthy but let’s just be on the safe side. I would break that up into about 5-10 orders.

Especially if you are new it will also help to keep you safe and also with your rankings 🙂

Archived