Re: how much is your budget? [Scheduled to Archive]

wordpress_luv

In the online world, in my case, “what’s your budget” is a useful question, because I charge high prices on a budget site. I don’t want to waste your time or mine.

I hear ya-- same here. (am I at 20 something yet? Lots of rules for when we can post, how much we have to post, it’s never right.)

Nothing like adding even more stress to what used to be my stress reliever.

I hear ya

The cosmos is listening!

But seriously, I wanted to add onto my whole budget point. I only ask this question when someone gets excited by my sales pitch in my gig and thinks they get it all for $10. No, dude, your bill is actually $500. So, what’s your budget? If they’ve ordered wrongly, a correction and–how can I work with you with this budget if you don’t want to “upgrade” the order (to what it should be)?

radio silence

So, how much is your budget is a valid question in numerous situations, and it has nothing to do with currency. One weakness of Fiverr is anyone can order anything–and the system is wide open to abuse from ignorance from both parties seeking… gold. So… once your money is locked into the Fiverr system, my dear @brunske, tell me, who has the gold, and who makes the rules? You won’t like the answer, as it isn’t you.

In other words, read the gig description, guys. Sure, you have some cash to splash, but that means nothing. Read the description, ask questions that aren’t covered in the description/FAQ and even mention that you’re unsure of xyz. That’s the whole purpose of the inbox! If you’re just going to say “how much for something you’ve already explained to the Greater Public?” then dude… @brunske, I hate to break it to you and others, but it doesn’t matter how much gold you have. Anyone serious is going to shuffle you far away from them.

That’s when you get the “wat is ur buget plz” people. The customer ain’t king. The buyer and seller are in a relationship, which means both parties have to behave.

THE END

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why over complicate everything? I don’t care about somebodies budget. When asked I make an offer and than it is ‘take it or leave it’. I don’t lower my price because somebody is on a tight budget. The only time when I even use the word ‘budget’ in a conversation is when I write the last message saying that I’m sure he/she will find a seller who fits their budget.

I hear ya

The cosmos is listening!

But seriously, I wanted to add onto my whole budget point. I only ask this question when someone gets excited by my sales pitch in my gig and thinks they get it all for $10. No, dude, your bill is actually $500. So, what’s your budget? If they’ve ordered wrongly, a correction and–how can I work with you with this budget if you don’t want to “upgrade” the order (to what it should be)?

radio silence

So, how much is your budget is a valid question in numerous situations, and it has nothing to do with currency. One weakness of Fiverr is anyone can order anything–and the system is wide open to abuse from ignorance from both parties seeking… gold. So… once your money is locked into the Fiverr system, my dear @brunske, tell me, who has the gold, and who makes the rules? You won’t like the answer, as it isn’t you.

In other words, read the gig description, guys. Sure, you have some cash to splash, but that means nothing. Read the description, ask questions that aren’t covered in the description/FAQ and even mention that you’re unsure of xyz. That’s the whole purpose of the inbox! If you’re just going to say “how much for something you’ve already explained to the Greater Public?” then dude… @brunske, I hate to break it to you and others, but it doesn’t matter how much gold you have. Anyone serious is going to shuffle you far away from them.

That’s when you get the “wat is ur buget plz” people. The customer ain’t king. The buyer and seller are in a relationship, which means both parties have to behave.

THE END

I have a carefully worded scripted message for those $5 orders which works well about half the time.

• 2 months later...

How Much Is Your Budget? No sir, how badly do you want to earn enough cash during your spare hours? If you have plenty of offers then obviously the highest paying is which one you’ll work on next. If your profile says you have not delivered anything for a few days then SOMETHING is better than NOTHING. Especially when you can successfully complete the project in record time. Remember that you are competing against others who may be a bit more hungry than you are. Others may need cash for purchasing internet, food, gas, rent, etc. Get what you can earn NOW at whatever you can get even if lower than desired. When your gig states a fee, be prepared to deliver at that fee. When a buyer posts a gig request, you will NOT be the only person replying. The buyer will know what the market feels is correct, because most sellers are about the same fee. That tells the buyer what he/she should expect to invest. Buyers are what you require for your services. Getting caught up in feeling you’re working for a smaller amount prevents you from winning buyers. That is why grocery stores sell many products, because some earn more than others earn. Your decision is “shall I earn SOMETHING now and worry about earning more next time?” If you don’t know what to charge then remember that something is better than nothing, especially when you can quickly complete the job.

Archived