Seller has the right to show image in his/her portfolio

adeela71

hi i am a level two seller. Happy and satisfied with fiverr till i join fiverr. The only thing that is bothering me that most of buyers don’t let the work to be shown in my portfolio although they give rating but in this way i cannot build my portfolio.And there are also some who select png files while rating and if the logo is white how can it appear in portfolio.

I want fiverr should do some thing in this regard either make it necessary for buyer to must choose jpg image before completing order or give this right to the seller he choose his own to show his work in portfolio. what you say fiverr sellers!

It is up to the buyers to allow the display of the delivered work since sometimes they are outsourcing the work to you and wouldn’t want the world to know about it.
There could also be other reasons.
I’m not sure how many gallery items fiverr allows for the gig now but you can create your own designs for fictional companies and combine multiple designs into one to show more samples in the gallery.

But this is not a Fiverr issue, this is a general issue for any freelancer doing any kind of work. You always have to have a buyers permission to use the work for advertising your services. And not everyone wants that. Some people don’t want others to know they are buying off of Fiverr. You just have to keep doing more and more jobs to hopefully get some buyers who will allow it to be in your portfolio.

What do you mean about the logo being white? can’t you deliver it in two formats maybe?

I agree about creating your own designs for made up company names.

adeela71 said: The only thing that is bothering me that most of buyers don't let the work to be shown in my portfolio

I try to make it better by showing them in a Flickr portfolio, which is allowed on Fiverr as long as you don't direct people to other sites or leave your contact information.

adeela71 said: And there are also some who select png files while rating and if the logo is white how can it appear in portfolio

You, instead of the buyer, are choosing which image to appear in your live portfolio. The buyer only decides whether it will appear or not. You can include a preview image with black background, and choose that in your delivery as the sample image.

• 2 months later...

I Agree!!! This is a Problem for me as well, becasue some of my BEST Work…Doesn’t get displayed!!! At All…SMH…Fiverr Please Implement This Feature…WE As SELLER DESIGNERS AND DEVEKOPERS HAVE THE RIGHT To SHOW OUR WORK>…To Which MOST BUYERS Don’t WON The Rights To and REFUSE to Purchase The Copyright or License To The Work We Do…THIS IS NOT FAIR TO SELLERS! Let us SHOW Our Work To BUILD Our Portfolios!!! Thanks Fiverr

Blessings@adeela71…Thanks

Aren’t you allowed to have a Flickr portfolio or something? I’m not sure (I’m a writer), but maybe someone else will be able to verify. Screeching on a forum won’t get anything done, btw. I speak as an experienced screeching harridan.

The thing is, that when it comes to design, a lot of buyers don t want their book cover, cd cover, packing design etc be displayed somewhere before they publish it. I had a buyer who didn t know how not to display album cover i did for him, so I asked CS to remove the image and leave a review, after he publishes his album we will do same, ask CS to put that image back to be shown in my portfolio. So, keep on your mind that it is kind of confidential matter. Would you like your for example book cover to be in live portfolio of a designer before you even did your marketing and publishing? I wouldn t… so, just talk with buyers on that matter and ask them to add image after publication.

I am a writer, and I don’t have this issue, but if someone doesn’t want their work displayed in reviews due to client confidentiality or another reason, I believe there’s some check box you can tick on delivery to ensure that it isn’t displayed? I think the display w/ review only occurs with graphic files (jpg, png etc) and pdfs. Not sure though, maybe someone else can chime in.

Yeah I think it goes only with graphics, and client can check out on check box if they don t want the image to be displayed. My point was it would be silly to push clients to display work we did for them, like I said there are other ways to build up portfolio (using of a free time to make templates), plus if someone pays you to do unique design they don t want displayed before they actually start selling product with it I don t see why demanding on “WE As SELLER DESIGNERS AND DEVEKOPERS HAVE THE RIGHT To SHOW OUR WORK>…To Which MOST BUYERS Don’t WON The Rights To and REFUSE to Purchase The Copyright or License To The Work We Do…THIS IS NOT FAIR TO SELLERS! Let us SHOW Our Work To BUILD Our Portfolios!!! Thanks Fiverr” way is necessary. I never had an issue with copyrights and commercial license usage, it even happened to me multiple times that I got credited for a design, where usually beside my name goes link to my fiverr profile and thanks to that I actually got new orders. So, advice is not to be demanding, building portfolio with templates and your own hobby designs, (I even have my sketching in one GIG) and ask a client would they prefer commercial license and copyrights on design or credit you. And accreditation with link to your fiverr profile worth way more then extra payed commercial license, it gives you like free promotion world wide among the people who share same service needs…think about it…

• 2 months later...

Archived