PLR Products

spalto

Hello everyone,

I’m new to Fiverr though I’ve created my account for quite sometime now but never sell anything. I’m planning to sell a PLR product that I legally own and wants to find out if you allow it. Also, I have my own website and I would like for a customer to retrieve their purchase by registering in my membership website. Will this be allowed also? Thank you

Rogelio

To my knowledge, PLR is fine as long as you are clear about it. You need to make sure that you explain in your gig description what the buyer gets. Do they just get PLR only or the rights to resell also? Are they articles, e-books, or both? What topics? How many pieces of writing does the buyer receive?

Just make sure you are super clear in your information and you should be fine. On the other hand, if you try to sell it as original writing or even lightly spun content you are likely to run into problems. Look up some other gigs selling PLR. As @jonbaas said, you need to sell through Fiverr only. Your website cannot be mentioned unless you somehow acquire written permission for that through Fiverr Customer Support.

Thank you for your answer. Actually, I will be rewriting, add content, or delete some content including changing the e-cover and title that will look like a different product. It will be selling to the customer as a normal ebook without any rights. Is it OK that I don’t mention that the ebook was rewritten from PLR? It is like selling a normal information product.

Technically speaking, re-writing PLR is called spinning and is not considered the same as an originally written e-book. You could still sell it, and you don’t have to provide resell rights IF you clearly state in the gig that the only right they get is to own 1 copy. It would be dishonest, though, if you do not state that it is spun. The buyer needs to know that.

One other factor to keep in mind is that if you try to sell a single e-book on Fiverr for $5, even if it was completely originally, your chances of getting buyers is very low. Without resell rights, the chances are even lower. There are so many free to .99 e-books available on other sites and on Fiverr there are people selling packages of 10+ e-books for $5. Now, if your re-write is fantastic and the content is very, very good - you could have a shot. It doesn’t hurt to try as long as you do it honestly.

I just want you to be aware that sales are generally very poor for single e-books on Fiverr. If the book can’t pass plagiarism checkers, isn’t interesting enough, isn’t labeled appropriately, or isn’t written with near perfect English, it probably won’t sell at all.

Archived