Fiverr buying requesting sensitive material

maulsmash

Okay, I have a little dilemma. I have a buyer that ordered some art of a racist nature. The buyer just ordered and did not contact me first. I’m not sure where to go as it seemed like a typical order, but the more details I received, i don’t feel comfortable providing or having work that is controversial in my portfolio. I haven’t started yet, but I don’t want to get a bad rating or cancellation. What is the best way to handle this? Does Fiverr have anything in place for sellers that don’t feel comfortable with specific gigs?

Just initiate a mutual cancellation, explaining that you aren’t comfortable working on the artwork. If you aren’t confident enough to tell him/her you aren’t comfortable, simply tell them you aren’t able to work on the artwork at the moment due to other commitments (a polite way of saying you can’t help).

If he/she declines the mutual cancelaltion you may ask support to review the gig, which I wouldn’t normally advise, but if the artwork he is requesting is obscene or against the Fiverr TOS then that is what is Fiverr support is there to assist with.

The user should have had the sense to message you before ordering if what they require is controversial. Every single customer I’ve had who wanted something that could potentially be offensive or inappropriate (adult toys, political etc.) have messaged me in advance to check.

Thanks

I looked at the TOS and I don’t see much as far as providing art of a sensitive nature. I wouldn’t say what he is asking for is obscene, but more controversial and I don’t think I want to be a part of it.

I agree the user should have contacted me ahead of time. I’m worried if they don’t accept mutual cancellation I will have no recourse.

I feel for you there! I’ve had people order work without prior authorization too. I told them I could not and would not do the work because I have other commitments outside of Fiverr and they should have contacted me first as posted in my gigs. They did agree to cancel and that was the end of it. But, I also didn’t care what people thought of me on Fiverr because I’m too old! I also said in my gig descriptions that gigs ordered without prior contact and approval would be canceled. That also decreases the number of people who order without prior contact. The don’t want their money tied up for x number of days just to have the order canceled.

Archived