Are the Korean spammers really gone?

Guest reinier01

Guest reinier01

It would seem Fiverr has finally gotten the better of the Korean spammers, or is it too early to celebrate yet? At any rate, it is once again a pleasant experience to visit the forum, so kudos to the Fiverr IT whizzes for what they have achieved so far!

Whether it’s those Korean spammers, or Russian or American or Japanese or the Miss Cleo-ish “I’ll-make-you-rich-or-bring-the-love-of-your-life-to-you-with-my-wonderful-spell” spams, they will always come back, unfortunately.
For now though, I think we can celebrate. 😃

@twistedweb123 designed something to stop them. I won’t say more on that part since I wouldn’t want the spammer learning from Adam! While we may see some recurrence, Adam should (crossed fingers) be able to adapt. I’m scared to celebrate either, but for now, most of it seems to be handled. Go twistedweb, go!

FYI - Adam is an unpaid volunteer who has spent countless hours on this to aid all if us. The rest of the volunteer team helped by collecting data, participating in brainstorming sessions, and manually moderating while he worked. Everyone on the sheriff team did their part, often until late at night. Most were still filling normal Fiverr orders too!

Archived