Selling traffic soon forbidden?

Guest sofiefatale

Guest sofiefatale

Hi there!

I am thinking about to sell real traffic on Fiverr. Till now I sold on another platform, but my traffic offer and all similar offers from all sellers were shut down.

The mentioned reason: (traffic offers have) "the possibly to cause harm to our (the micro job website) business operation or reputation"

So my question is - before beginning to sell - if Fiverr is also planing to stop offers that sell traffic.

What do you know and what do you think about that?

Cheers!

It seems from what other people are posting on the forums, that Fiverr hasn’t banned it but things don’t come up in searches. Though it depends, what kind of traffic are you talking about, facebook traffic, twitter, regular web traffic? And how exactly do you sell traffic? Are you selling advertising somewhere that they drives legit traffic?

Guest sofiefatale

Hi sincere18,

thanks for your superfast answer!

I am thinking about to sell what you call “regular web traffic”, direct visits coming basically from traffic exchange services, so no referrer.

As I understand (and I agree) all that kind of traffic offering “Facebook, Google etc”-referrers is the problem, as the referrers are faked and these visits definitely don´t come from Google.

Well in this case Google will automatically informed I guess, as “Google Traffic” that is definitely NOT Google traffic comes to the webpage of that people - and - tatatata - this webpage is connected with Google services like Analytics & webmaster tools, what is - let´s say - “not really clever” and could result in some kind of “auto banning”.

But when the traffic is “clean” - I mean just traffic - real human - not faking anything - it is clean imo…

Although your offers might get by on Fiverr, it is indeed likely your gigs won’t show up in search/advertising. There are other signs that several gig types are being phased out. To name a few (based only on posts I’ve seen) those could include traffic, SEO, social media related gigs, reviews, etc.

Guest sofiefatale

Hi fonthaunt,

you mean the internal Fiverr search, or the external Google web search?

I checked both with terms like “webpage traffic” and there are results shown…

Thx!

Reply to @sofiefatale: Internal only. There are plenty still showing, yes, but I have seen posts by multiple new sellers saying theirs only show for a few days if at all. Some veteran sellers have reported gigs thst dropped low in search and eventually disappeared. They say that Fiverr often replies to support tickets saying that some gig types are no longer in their editorial focus.

I am theorizing to you based on that. I’ve never offered a gig in the categories I’m talking about, so I can’t offer more than opinion. I used the words “phased out” because this seems to be a gradual process.

Wow. Great news of all time. I’m quite sure Fiverr will make its name much cleaner continuing its efforts to crack down on these useless SEO-related gigs.

sofiefatale said: I am thinking about to sell what you call "regular web traffic", direct visits coming basically from traffic exchange services
LMAO... Luckily you have some self-knowledge to put a pair of quotation marks beside "regular web traffic". :))

Guest sofiefatale

Reply to @willpower_hk: Well, funny funny you think?

It´s not that easy as you are writing here. There are huge differences in the traffic offered here on Fiverr. For sure we are talking about the Low-price-traffic-sector, but not all is crap for sure!

Reply to @sofiefatale: Well, there is still debate about “clean” and “human” traffic.

I researched a bit but still don’t get how these “exchanges” work to get real human traffic. Sounds like you are just placing an ad that is maybe a link. It still needs to be targeted, like any other kind of advertising.

I thought this was an interesting article on the .gov website.

https://www.fcc.gov/blog/internet-traffic-exchange-time-look-under-hood

Archived