Buyers gone wild | 2 out of 10 buyers will try to cheat/ you

vsanto18

Has Fiverr gone soft?

Enough is enough. As a seller we will not take harassment from buyers. I’ve spoken with Fiverr, they always give us the textbook response. Yes in a perfect world textbook works. Unfortunately buyers are not as nice as the sellers on Fiverr. Bad apples. bad bad apples.

I’ve made topics in the past regarding these types of buyers and the approaite approach when being victimized etc.

I find that Fiverr has become a swimming pool of bad apples that take advantage of Sellers for there creativity. How can we prevent this? When confronting a buyer " after he sends multiple modifications request or whatever approach they might take. I learned that the buyer knows exactly what they want and what they are doing. No matter how transparent you are in your approach, no matter how informative the Gig is, repeating yourself several times will not work. This leads to an aggressive emotion on the buyers end that may result in a negative feedback you did not deserve. .

The “Abusive buyer” will attack and attack. As a seller we need protection, These attacks are being a part of my everyday life. we need more protection. We spend time on creating our Gigs, we will not be played and scammed.

I have been with fiverr for a while… and I’ve never seen it this bad.

I think it may be time to hang up my hat, its been fun while it lasted.

Thanks everyone.

I can’t agree with you more. Recently I have had buyers asking for almost 10 modifications. Each modification they requested something entirely different!

Although they weren’t rude it’s considered taking advantage for just a $5.00 order!

I think that Fiverr should have a feature that can sense a buyer taking advantage and limiting their abilities.

They can’t ask for the whole world neither expect for the seller to be with them every moment.

Reply to @primitus: I think it’s would be very useful thing. Buyers don’t seem to read my message in the gigs. I still pretty often receive orders for 5$ and have to cancel them right away even though I put everything clear in the description. If I had a chance, I would definately raise the prices for basic gigs…

Had the same thing the other day, expecting designers to be mind readers, only had one but she didn’t understand that if she wants something specific she is going to have to explain it in an understandable way rather than get rude and ask for a gazillion modifications to then revert back to the one of the first couple versions after OVER 10 modifications were made! (& also sent me a random icon around the 5th modification point and told me to replace the logo with it, then when I did replace it after redrawing and vectorising the random low quality but high detail icon thing and made it look right, seeing as it was a super random addition and then sent it she tells me omg that wasn’t for you. When the instructions (for once on her behalf) were clear as day.

Sadly, I’m only a month in and I’ve experience two of these types. The first I had to do 25 revisions (QUICKLY changed my gig to limit revisions). I wouldn’t have minded if it was an error on my part, but fully changing concepts on me midway through and deciding that a completely different image would be better is on the Buyer. Looking back I should have started sending over a custom order to continue the revisions. The second one order a basic gig with one of my extras - Then she continued to ask for more extras. “Oh you’re doing this for my Facebook, can you do one for my Twitter also”. Not asking a price, just assumes I’d do it. She then bought ANOTHER one of my Gigs and basically wanted two for the price of one.

I mean come on people… Would you walk into a store and demand someone give you two for the price of one? That’s not how the world works…

Thank you Maddie.

Kjblynx - I really am surprised at the attitude they have towards the buyers. Until tonight I had only one transaction, it was fine, I rated them 5 stars for being prompt

But many buyers would be surprised to see the nasty stuff the sellers are saying

They too could move along right but no thread after thread I didn’t ask for revisions, I did not ask for anything special…I paid and 2 minutes later when I asked for refund boom he will not reply.

Reply to @sincere18: but once again you can always use google translator 🙂 i think it will translate pretty well to any language “please, don’t order anything. contact me first”.
I’m not a good English speaker myself, but I do the best I can to understand what buyers request and sometimes it’s pretty tough…

a buyer ordered my 2 gigs for providing the premium theme.
i have provided the theme.
and after downloading my theme is started something like its not working , etc etc.
so i called him on TEAM VIEWER and installed that theme in front of him on his computer,
after that he is also requesting to cancel the order,
and saying i have not recieved the theme etc etc

TRYING to cheat me , and he got my $63 theme free,

Reply to @work_in:
Just limit the amount of modifications you offer. The terms of the gig are in your hands. If a buyer wants to try to get around them, they are in the wrong.

I don’t understand why sellers even consider offering unlimited revisions. State what you offer clearly and confidently. You’re doing a basic gig for $5. Why give away free work? if a seller tries to push you for more than they bought, explain your limits to them. If they refuse, refund the order and move on. Your time is valuable. Don’t waste it on con artists.

Consider the issue from this angle. Can you go to a fast food restaurant, order a hamburger, eat it, and then go back up to the registers and demand another one for free because you didn’t like the burger you already ate? Of course not. The same goes for your gigs. Enforce your gig limits, or cut ties and move on. Fighting over $5 just isn’t worth it.

Archived