Messages that cannot be opened from users that do not exist

netgoons

I have a message in my fiverr inbox that cannot be opened. Everytime I double click it it taken me again to the inbox. Additionally a message is displayed in orange box -For privacy reasons, this user may not be contacted directly.

I tried looking for that user but that user does not seem to exist.

Take a look into it. Is it some from of spamming?

This is the bane of my existence. These past couple of weeks I’ve gotten 2 messages that I was unable to reply to because of that same message in about “privacy reasons”. As a result, my response rate was lowered 5% the next day. I had to complain to Customer Support TWICE about this. Fortunately they restored my rate to 100%…

From now on if I see a suspicious message, I’m gonna report it immediately instead of pondering whether or not I should. I suggest you do the same next time.

This issue has been brought up on the forum many times before. While it is too bad that the problem messages affect response rate, it has no real effect currently.

First, it is absolutely necessary for your safety to have certain messages marked private. This is almost always due to either spam, a harmful scam or a user who has broken rules on Fiverr. Many of the messages have links in them that could harm your account and/or your computer so it is great that Fiverr takes steps to keep those from being opened.

Response rate is not viewable by buyers and it has little or no effect on you right now. It is a fairly new feature that is just there for your own view. While Fiverr might eventually use it for something more, right now it is nothing to worry about. Customer Support doesn’t need to be informed about any of this since they are already aware of it. There is already a thread in the Suggestion Box forum that you can add to if you would like recommend that the Response Rate feature be discontinued. You can find that link here: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/65356/petition-to-remove-response-rate-active-thread

Archived