Feedback

chimicawriting

One thing that drives me nuts is when I get a low feedback score and don’t know the true reason why. Often it’s just 4 stars… I offer them a refund if they really hate the story… but yesterday I got the lowest feed back I have ever gotten since starting… 3.5 … and I don’t understand why.

I ask the buyer and they say " I really loved the stories" to me directly but on my score it’s nothing about the story at all. I offered a refund and they won’t provide their consent to get one… and the worst part… I think the buyer is upset because the first delivery they couldn’t download but could with a desktop for whatever reason.

So I get to suffer because of a technical error that I can’t control? Thus, I got my lowest review ever because they couldn’t open the first file until they changed their location. 😦

Why does it seem like I have such bad luck? What am I doing to get this kind of stuff?

Hello,
Sorry that this happened to you. So the buyer told you that they loved your story,
but you “think” they gave you a lower rating because of the technical stuff?
I’m not sure if this will work, but if I were you, I’ll send them a message ( as politely as I can of course,) and check if the low rating was indeed based on the technical error. I will also point out that the technical thing was out of your control,tell them that your past buyers never had that problem, and if you had sent the second delivery right after the buyer complained about the problem, I think you handled the situation perfectly.
The file WAS sent, ( was it sent before the final deadline? ) and they did say that they loved your story. I think you at least deserve a 4. Maybe you can try pointing that out? Of course don’t say the “I deserve” part.
I hope everything works out!

I think a buyer is also rating the communication with the seller, and they are also being asked if they would purchase again or recommend. This might be the reason for the low rating. For example if they only gave you 3 stars for communication it drops the overall rating.

Archived