Do not ask Buyers to leave a 5 Star Review [ARCHIVED]

legalteam

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally do not see anything wrong with politely reminding the buyer to leave a review for your service. While some buyers will be more than happy with the final service and will leave a review, some are just as happy and simply forget, or don’t understand how to mark the order as complete and leave a review.

That being said, I do feel as if it is not appropriate to request a five-star review. Maybe the mention of a “positive” review would be more appealing. Simply because I feel put on the spot and forced to leave 5 stars even if it’s something I would rate 3. :-((

The post is quite useful for me. Thanks everyone:)
As a buyer, I left reviews for every order, while I saw that some buyers may forget to leave reviews when ordering, sometimes they may just came in , buy, and leave. Then the order will not be counted to improve your seller level.
So I think asking buyer to leave some feedback may be just a kind reminder, useful especially when you are new in Fiverr. (reviews matters, especially for your seller level).
And actually, for most of the time, freshers in Fiverr will provide the best service with the cheapest pricebecause they want to built the trust. So why not ask a review? No review, no level up…

• 2 weeks later...

LET ME SHARE OUR EXPERIENCE

Discussed this support staff a couple of years ago [it was positive or negative reviews then, no star rating] and what we were told is that there NOTHING WRONG in asking a great review and comment. The thing is that the buyer has the right to leave BAD or GOOD rating, and permit them to leave it as per their experience. DO NOT ask to leave ONLY positive review or offer them a refund - that is not a fair practice

ANOTHER FACT

We completed around 34,000+ designs on 24,000+ orders so far and we DID NOT ASK for rating or reviews at the beginning and we did not receive any reviews from majority of clients. Once we started asking feedback, at least 50% of them are now leaving rating

So, ASK AND YE SHALL GET:-)

As a seller i don’t mention reviews as that’s not how i like to do business. For +80% of the clients fiverrs automatic reminders to leave reviews seem efficient enough.
As a buyer i get a bit annoyed when i’m asked to leave a review after already being automatically reminded and seeing the same thing again on my to do list. If i’m asked specifically to leave a 5 star review i just start wondering what reason the seller has to expect anything less than a 5 star review. Usually in such cases i just don’t leave a review and next time i try to find a more confident seller.

Here are many sellers who have their own mind and he choose his ways But give me a 5-star review," is … begging? or Not? I think the matter is if you ask buyers for 5 star rating it present your personality. you may even ask for feedback in good manner Like. “Please give us your valuable review because it tell us how satisfied you are.” MAKE SENSE ??
why we demand five stars its not your decision. you can not rate yourself. This is buyer’s rights that he will rate you according to your service which you are providing. Thanks

Reply to @folarinpearse: Not necessarily. If you have buyers who purchase dozens of separate gigs, they may not rate every single one because they have given you several positive reviews already. One of my buyers has purchased 19 gigs and rated every one, another has purchased 14 and rated 12, while still expressing his satisfaction with the work in private. It all depends on the buyer.

Guest havardh

@legalteam i agree with you. There is no point of asking buyers to specifically leave 5 stars. Give your buyer some space to determine how many stars he will give you. Don’t beg

• 5 months later...

I wouldn’t bother either. Sure, go ahead and politely request the 5-star review and a tip if you want to, but if you get a buyer who goes from 0-100 in hating your work, you’ve just bagged yourself a 1-star review with added froth. I did it for a while myself and I didn’t notice any real changes so <shrug>

Hello. I would say that I partially agree but at same time I disagree as well…,

You all have a point, but many buyers being busy as we all can get some times, they simply forget to leave review although they are pleased with the work. While asking for strictly 5 start review could be misunderstood, looks inappropriate and demanding, I think there is nothing wrong if you politely ask your buyer to leave a positive review if he liked your work.

Just like new sellers there are buyers who are new too and they don’t know how fiverr works so If you have provided a high value service then with that you should politely ask him to rate it in the end as he will see that options once order is completed

Archived