Do not ask Buyers to leave a 5 Star Review [ARCHIVED]

legalteam

Community,

We all love to receive a 5 Star Positive Review as this brings a warm smile to our faces, as it signifies another written trophy on our page for our excellent services provided. Even though we strive for this it must be noted that while it seems to be common practice among some Sellers especially up and coming Sellers to ask, request or even demand a 5 Star review; Sellers must be reminded that is against Fiverr’s FEEDBACK POLICY as this will result in a detrimental effect on the marketplace.

(Tip)If your Service provided: is very high quality, you provide excellent Customer Service, you always seek to put the Buyer’s interest first and you deliver above and beyond the Buyer’s expectation; you will never have to ask for a 5 star review as these will flow naturally as Fiverr intended!

-LegalTeam

Admin Note: It is not against Fiverr’s policies to request any review. It is against ToS to demand a review. Asking for a review may or may not be a good idea and is something for user’s to consider as individuals.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing in the TOS that says that.

Additionally, fiverr actively encourages sellers to ask for good ratings on their official blog in this post: http://blog.fiverr.com/customer-always-right-trs-favor-advanced-rating-system/

Here is a screengrab from that blog post: http://imgur.com/klEVi3M&om6dIN1

And here is the relevant TOS section where it says nothing at all about sellers requesting good feedback: http://imgur.com/3PLosLJ

Please stop spreading misinformation. Just do your research before you post.

http://blog.fiverr.com/wp-content/themes/extranews/images/icons/social/e_light.png

Home - Official Fiverr Blog

http://blog.fiverr.com

Reply to @legalteam: The only thing in this article remotely relevant to your original claim is:

“Can I mention in my Gig that I only accept 5 star ratings?”

To which the answer is obviously No. Thats not the same as asking for a good review after the order is finishd.

If you don’t agree or find it tasteful to ask for good ratings, fine. Then dont do it. But dont go around telling others that its against the TOS when it isn’t.

The service I received for the gig I requested was speedy, included a lot of revisions, but was not as creative as I had hoped for, so I reflected this in my review. So now the seller sends me multiple emails being all upset and asking me to change my reviews. It’s really childish, and the seller needs to understand that her work is not great. My experience now is cheap cost cheap results - I won’t be coming back to Fiverr again.

I’ve never ask for a five stars rating but I encourage the buyer to leave a rating

This is the usual message I post when I make a delivery

Please, don’t forget to leave a rating to help me to further promote my services! It’s like “spread the word about Sergio” Thank you!

Upon delivering an order, I have it built into my custom messages I use to request the buyer leave me feedback/rating. A lot buyers don’t take the time and this is detrimental to the seller trying to build ratings.

I believe it is totally acceptable to respond to a buyers compliment of good work by asking them to reflect their sentiments as such into a positive review. But it is unethical to ask them or dictate what exactly to leave - or manipulate them into doing so by withholding something.

Reply to @sallyrew: Sally, as someone who’s been a Buyer here as well as a Seller, I know that it can be frustrating to get sub-par work. But that said, please keep in mind that for many Sellers here, Fiverr is their lifeblood.

Leaving a negative review can be really devastating for sellers. In this case, you worked with someone who you admit tried very hard, and in your words, “offered multiple revisions.” And let’s keep in mind that “creativity” is a highly subjective area.

The least you could do would be to leave no review at all, or to simply request a refund. In this situation, insisting on leaving a negative review that will clearly damage this Seller’s chances of future income is simply cruel.

Hello

You should change your name from LegalTeam to “I Don’t Read TOS”. 🙂 There is nothing in the TOS that says you can’t ask.

Rather you ask or not, is up to you. So all those who say you shouldn’t ask and if that is what you want to do, fine. Otherwise, as long as it is not illegal or against the TOS, do what you think works for your gig and for you.

Good Luck.

Reply to @sabiansoldier: I never mentioned the TOS, only a Policy posted by Fiverr,

The underlying intention of my post is to state that by effectively using the tips I provided along with other tips/guidelines and by not demanding a 5/5 rating from a Buyer will result in you obtaining a 5 star review naturally.

Here is exactly what I say on every delivery: “Let me know if you have any questions. I hope my work is satisfactory for you. If it is, I will appreciate very much if you can give me a 5-star rating as it helps me a lot here on Fiverr.”

In my wording, I try to be very gracious and not begging or demanding in any way. I do want my buyers to know that I highly depend on 5-star reviews in order to stay in business on Fiverr. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with politely asking for good reviews. The buyer still has every right to leave a lower review and/or not review my work at all.

When a buyer doesn’t leave a review but leaves a very positive comment, I don’t mention it again–it’s just that one time in the delivery message. I probably should ask them again, but I don’t because after the one time, it feels like too much. I guess we all have to do what feels right for us.

Reply to @logo_desing: By doing a 100% quality work you should have to ask for a review, your a Top Seller and when your Buyers are happy with the work delivered don’t they exude this happiness to you?

If a “worker provide best work and client put 3 or 4 star good feedback” there had to be a reason why the Buyer would have put 3 or 4 stars, please reflect at my tips and with a clear mind, would a buyer really leave a less than 5 star review?

Many buyers don’t realize that a 3 or 4 star review brings ratings down and they feel that is an appropriate way to rate orders even when they’re happy with work provided. It’s okay to suggest it in a way that is not demanding or begging. I have a delivery message thanking people for ordering blah blah and I ask buyers to leave 5 stars if they are satisfied but to tell me if they feel my service was any less than that. It works very well. I usually get 5 stars but there are a few occasions when buyers would have rated me less than 5 stars, so I have a chance to fix whatever it is they didn’t like.

Why not? This is my message when I deliver an order:

========
Hi!

I wrote X for you.

If you like my work, please give me a 5-star review.

If you don’t, click “Resolution Center” and demand a refund.

Please, no bad reviews.

Thanks for your order!

=========

In the past, I wouldn’t have written “If you don’t, click “Resolution Center” and demand a refund.” But now I do it for the following reasons.

1. Some buyers don’t know how to demand a refund
  2. Some buyers get angry and leave a 1-star review
legalteam said: you will never have to ask for a 5 star review as these will flow naturally as Fiverr intended!

Most buyers forget to leave reviews. Besides, Fiverr also intended for buyers to make revisions, I rarely do those . While Fiverr is the platform, this is YOUR business, your money, so you have to do what works for you.

Reply to @kjblynx: Hi, I’ve only had 4 buyer so far and got all 5 star review. how i did it was telling the buyer to send me a message that if he/she have any problem with the delivery and if they like it i would send them a bonus of Full HD video of their order (which would’ve required an extra gig on other seller of my category) if the give me an outstanding experience review.

That Would be Okay right?

Archived