Can I purchase my own gig?

pix_studios

Hello Everyone!

I am new to Fiverr and I don’t have any orders. I am trying to come up with a marketing idea where I will use Facebook and Google+. In the meantime I want to do a simple test to see what my incoming orders will look like, what my workflow should be and how the ordering process is for the buyer. Is there a way to do this without getting banned. I have no intention of creating my own positive feedback or posting ‘work’ done for myself. I just want the experience so that I can be a better and more knowledgeable seller and give accurate information to people who will use my services.

Does anyone have any feedback about this?

Thanks!

You are unable to purchase your own gigs. But, then again, why would you want to – when you’re the person creating the work for all ordered gigs?

The best way to test what things look like on the buyer end is to buy something from another seller.

Wouldn’t that be deemed unethical? I can see why you may want to do that though as a once off to see how it all works? I must admit I was racking my brain trying to figure out the payment situation until I read pretty much everything I could get my hands on, so to speak, anyway I thought I’d start interacting with the Fiverr community been a noob myself and help promote my gigs 🙂

I felt the same way when I started. I wanted to know how everything worked before I got my first order, in order to properly answer any questions from the customer.
Like, I wanted to actually see what it looked like, not having to visualize from descriptions.
I started searching youtube about “how to deliver an order” and so on and saw that some Fiverr people actually show the process of delivering a file and what stuff looks like when you’re going through the process of a sale.
Maybe you could try that? 🙂

EDIT: Also, I found google images of much use as well.

Reply to @sincere18: Thanks, Sincere. I ended up doing just that. I know someone who really needed a logo and they placed an order. I’m glad that they agreed to this because I had no idea that the way I wrote the description and the buyer requirements was confusing on their end. I ended up making a lot of changes. I still haven’t gotten any new orders but this gives me a chance to use their feedback and learn the ordering process so that I can sound more professional. I’m very glad I had this experience.

Reply to @kjblynx: I’m not sure what fathimanathah thinks of your critique, and I hope it helps her but I want you to know that I learned something from it. You said there should be a video on her profile. I would like to include a video on my page but I don’t know where to start. I’m not sure what software to use or how to present my work but I am going to try to create one anyway. Thank you for the advice even though it wasn’t directed at me. I will keep everything in mind.

Archived