We don't want Seller Protection, we NEED it!

izrahyel

I’ve had a gig on Fiverr for almost two months now, and during that period I’ve come across some outrageous buyers. From buyers who demand $500 quality from a $5 gig, to immature, cheating buyers who seem to have an automatic setting on the ‘Request Modification’ button. I think Fiverr needs to revamp it’s entire delivery section. Here are some issues that I think can be looked into:

1. I think there should be a work process period and a delivery period. Two separate periods.

The work process period will be set by the seller, but the delivery period can be 1 additional day.

2. Once the file can be previewed I don’t think buyer should have the right to download any file, until they complete the order. This is why they keep requesting modification while they are already making use of your files. As for those who like to right click > save as, make it more difficult for them by preventing them to do so. They can use the same strategy Instagram and Twitter uses for their users photos.

3. The license extra needs to be available for all sellers. I’ve come across advertising agencies who would like a logo made so they can get their designer to remake it, then sell it for hundreds more.

I would like to see what others think of my opinions, and I hope you can improve or critic them also.

• Izrahyel

Listen, this guy gave you 1.5 stars in spite of writing a great review:
"You have brought an element to our structure that we would not have had. Thank you so much. We will use you when needed an recommend you to everybody we come in contact with."
https://www.fiverr.com/izrahyel/produce-a-high-quality-modern-logo?extras=10644692

You need to contact him and ask him to change it to 5 stars immediately. Also, don’t give 5 stars to people that give you negative reviews.

Boo hoo…no one is holding you here…go elsewhere if it is that bad

there is the other side of the coin…fake sellers…scammy sellers…

plus probably a lot of low and no talents - not all these 5 and 10 buck gigs rate well …as buyers real reviews would help us

izrahyel said: 3. The license extra needs to be available for all sellers. I've come across advertising agencies who would like a logo made so they can get their designer to remake it, then sell it for hundreds more.

Doesn’t matter, once you deliver the work is no longer your work, it becomes the client’s work.

Advertising agencies are smart to hire on Fiverr, and you should be happy, these are the kind of people that can afford $20 tips and $65 orders. You should be rooting for them.

izrahyel said: cheating buyers who seem to have an automatic setting on the 'Request Modification' button

Some buyers cheat, others don’t like the work. You’re not forced to revise anything, you can just refund the orders. Don’t suffer fools unless you want to.

Besides, you’re bringing this to yourself, look at your gig:

? 3 REVISIONS (Extra day in gig extras)

"? High quality work guaranteed."

You’re basically asking for problems. The irony is you do great work, I saw your portfolio samples, very nice. So why tell buyers that you’ll be bending over for them? That’s not necessary.

Reply to @izrahyel: Honestly, I’ve been quite naive sending the full sized, unwatermarked logo/album cover etc quite a few times. I like to send it as I make it to the buyer so they can see the development process and we can collaborate ideas. I should probably start doing one or the other in regards to watermark or small sizing but I’ve been fine so far doing it 🙂

Archived