Do you sell better on gigs with videos that have pictures of you, or a picture in general?

freelancemm

Do you sell better on gigs with videos that have pictures of you, or a picture in general? I was trying something new with my Voiceover gig and I feel that if I have a picture in general that’s appealing rather than a picture of me that’s taken from my video, it will ultimately sell better. What’s your guys experience on this?

I feel that you’re gig image should be your thumbnail, but when a viewer is viewing your gig you should feature a video to captivate them.

How to do this?

• Simply add your gig image somewhere in your video, or, like what I do is, I create a video based off my gig images. Then once your video is approved and active, go ahead and edit your gig and simply choose your thumbnail thru editing your video.

Let me know if you need me to clarify 🙂

Reply to @luckygutsy:

Well, I am aware that you seem to rank better when your gig does have a video, so definitely add one of them. I figure though that in addition to the video if you have an exciting enough picture that will increase clicks, too. We’ll see what others have to say though! I’m hoping a high volume seller comes in and chimes in.

Reply to @thecreativeguys: I have did it already with one video but i’ll try to go and throw it into more videos as I upload new ones. A lot of mine are very dated from when I didn’t have the best in regards to a camera.

If you see my “About Us” one, it actually utilizes the image I added to the video and so does the new “Voice Over” gig I put up, so we’ll see how those go. The “About Us” one is more of a targeted niche however and the voice over one is a rather competitive market as it is!

Archived