Fiverr recently published about two sellers on Fiverr blog

ilovenish

We currently have a header by fiverr - Congratulations xyz and zyx, You’re Fiverr Rising Stars!

I had a look at their profiles to see what they offer. Surprised !! Want to share with the community.

One seller have 2 gig with reviews.

1st gig- Out of 42 reviews on this particular gig, 34 reviews are from One buyer.

2nd gig- Out of 37 review on this particular gig, 35 reviews are from One buyer.

Finally Out of 79 reviews on her profile, 69 review are from only one buyer.

Do you guys think this seller is legitimate ?

Fiverr published her story on fiverr blog. What do you experienced sellers think about this ?

Good catch.

While it may seen suspicious, I doubt anything is wrong.
69 reviews are a lot .

If the seller was possibly buying reviews, the seller would need to pay 69*5.25 = $362.
Perhaps, even more.

I don’t think the seller would’ve done that…

Maybe, maybe not… Who knows

I think Fiverr knows what they are doing when they select certain user’s for their blog. I know some times when a seller is starting out a buyer might buy and is happy with the purchase and comes back again, I think when I started initially there was no custom offer so the buyer had to continue buying from a seller if they wanted more task, I think that might be the case, but who knows maybe I could be wrong.

Reply to @ilovenish: (Edited to remove a comment I made that should be in a different category.) I think it’s suspicious, and I agree with you on the ones that have tons of reviews by one user. There are cases where a buyer becomes a repeat buyer and it looks odd but is really fine. It’s the ratio here that makes it look particularly unusual. I dislike it, but all I can suggest is to open a ticket and report them to the Trust and Safety team and hopefully they’ll leave it if it’s legit but consider action if it is not.

I also added some additional info below because I did look into this a bit deeper to consider opening a ticket myself. I was surprised by what I found, you can see in other replies below.

Reply to @fonthaunt: It may not all be what it seems. When I first started, my profile looked quite similar to the one being referenced in this conversation, because at that point the buyers had to purchase multiple gigs separately. I can certainly see the logic of someone buying multiples of that sort of gig and thus the seller receiving that sort of feedback. I worked for a large internet company in their trust and safety department, and it opened my eyes to not jumping to conclusions and also that there were 2 sides to every story. Like reading a forum post like this one (the company I worked for has forums too) you would think one thing, and then reading an email sent to the trust and safety team you would get the other perspective. They seem like fun gigs so I wish her all the best 🙂

Reply to @ilovenish: “Do you think the seller is legitimate?” is in your first post. If this is not judgemental I am not sure what is.

So say I was creating a website on pop culture which needed lots of articles. I order and pay for 80 gigs. She delivers the orders. The seller and I have never met in real life, I merely like her work and have paid for that much work. The other thing is, I may have requested that each of the orders be done separately because I was keen to get to level 1 or 2 faster. It’s a niche gig, so it’s quite possible.

Reply to @alysmcdonough: I see what you are saying and I’ve seen cases where it looked odd but was probably OK. On top of everything else, all those reviews came in very recently, the seller account is new.

Sorry, but I don’t know if the seller was involved with something wrong or if the explanation is otherwise, but it doesn’t look normal. Personally, I’m not pre-judging the seller herself and her gigs do look fun. It’s Fiverr who called attention to her and that sometimes brings scrutiny as well. I just think that considering the ratio involved, it’s a point for discussion and perhaps worthy of opening a ticket.

Usually I try to lean to the positive conclusion but on this one, I just can’t. I doubt that even Fiverr meant to do a promo under these circumstances but someone probably just didn’t look closely.

Reply to @alysmcdonough: By asking ‘Do you think the seller is legitimate?’ doesn’t mean I’m judging anyone. It look suspicious to me that’s all.

You ordered 80 gig that time multiple delivery system was not there, i think multiple gig feature is introduced to prevent such fraud.

I agree it’s possible but at the same time it’s our fundamental right to discus what looks suspicious.

I see nothing fraudulent as it relates to the buyer and her account. So what if she has 80 gigs from only one customer?? There is no rules or anything in the Terms and Conditions which states that this is not allowed. Once all purchases are made within the guidelines then from only one person or just 2 buyers doesn’t matter.

Fivver does have a way for you to order multiple gigs in one order yes, however, if the buyer or seller doesn’t want to go that route then its really between the 2 of them as the transaction or business they are conducting is based on their terms.

I see lots of speculations and might I dare say judgement. Yes, I wasn’t going to comment on this topic as I think a long discussion regarding this is to some extent pointless. However, this is being drawn out for no reason.

The seller got her/his moment to shine let them shine! AMEN…

Regardless of how their gigs were purchased. It seems legitimate to Fiverr for them so it should be okay for us. Any issue (there really should be none as it’s not like her name will be replaced with yours or replaced at all as the announcement has already been made) contact C.S. … why start a discussion.

This just breathes ill thought or negative vibes.

Congrats to them both and may we all hope to strive to be one of Fivver’s rising stars or anything else positive in this creative space as well!

be blessed

Everyone is entitle to their opinion, if she wants to start a thread let her start a thread if you don’t want to comment you don’t have to… The forum is here for everyone we don’t have to let our emotions get the best of us, if a seller thinks something is wrong or right and made a post, once it’s not a spam and the Fiverr sheriff’s have not said it’s suppose to be deleted just saying.

Reply to @ilovenish: I’m actually perplexed. I can open that buyer account today too. Perhaps someone from staff suspended the account to look into the matter but found nothing wrong. Beats me. I still thinking the whole thing looks funny, but I’m giving up my Nancy Drew hat on this one to move on. 🙂

Reply to @emjayye: Hi,

We are not declaring anyone fraudulent here and we can’t even do that.

I found something that that looks suspicious to me that’s all. I personally don’t know her but fiverr forums are for discussion and we are doing that.

We also congratulated seller. But if you feel my thread is negative then you should not comment or participate. Even it looks suspicious to forum admins. I don’t understand why you are getting personal, yes we all want our names on fiverr blog but not by replacing anyone 🙂

God Bless.

Archived