**BUYER BEWARE - How to rate a Seller AFTER cancelling a gig?

biggs2007

I’m currently working on a WP site, selected 2 Sellers with STELLAR reviews & high ratings - gave the job to one & planned on using the other as a possible back-up (if needs be). One is even is a Level 2 Seller, I had to cancel the order with the first shortly after he delivered a sub-par Mock-up & now the 2nd guy’s (whom had the 4.9 rating) gig is paused - has now missed the delivery deadline and is sending me excuses. So ridiculous after all these are CUSTOM orders and I typically give great reviews for GREAT work & professionalism - I’m being shafted.

I can’t fathom, how some have STELLER reviews and drop the ball so unprofessionally when I order their gig…lol…What is this like a bad pull on the Fiverr slotmachine…lol I LOVE fiverr, but this is becoming all too frequent, and I’d like to know how to leave (+/-) feedback AFTER a gig has been cancelled.

Maybe your order was complicated and the seller did his best but couldn’t do it, so if a buyer makes an order to me and ask me to do something I don’t offer or I can’t do and I offer cancellation , he can get his money back and give me a negative rating just because I couldn’t do what he’s asking for !!!
That’s fair to us sellers ??

Agree with @donnovan86, @gailbunning, and @onlinedzshop.

You’re correct. It’s frustrating when you expect for work to be done and there’s a delay. But let’s take a minute to think about your complaint here: you’re receiving work from someone, and whether it’s up to your expectations or not, they’ve put time and effort into it. THEN, because you’re not happy, they provide you with a complete refund, and get paid nothing for their time and effort (while you get to keep the work they’ve already sent you). And now, on top of this, you want to leave a negative review as well? It’s hard to feel sympathetic for anyone except the Seller in this situation.

If the order is successful, there is a positive feedback and buyers happy.

If the order fails, you go back and sellers lose their time.

What was less clear.
Seller invest the time to the buyer.

Type custom order, is a type of very complicated, and I do not recommend custom order for a low price like $ 5. Or you will burn

I just take custom orders, if the money is more than $ 100

I’ve had the same situation and I don’t agree with the people defending the seller.
I had a seller miss our agreed upon deadline by about 2 weeks because, he says, he had a religious holiday. Unless it is new religious holiday the chances are that he knew about it before he accepted my job. Why was I intentionally misled about the deadline? And why can’t I leave the feedback to tell other buyers that this seller will potentially have no regard for your deadlines.
I had used this seller before and he did a fine job for me and got the 5 stars. He should not get 1 star for having messed me up.
Oh and btw-after I accepted his reason, we agreed to get the work done a week later he emails me and says he’s had enough and can’t take it anymore and refunds my money. and you guys don’t think other people would like to know about this?

I think the way Fiverr’s refund system works is that it’s supposed to be as though the order never happened. You get your money back and can order elsewhere, and the seller loses your business. You’ve lost time, but so has your seller unless they were truly just a scammer (which does unfortunately happen).

It’s definitely not a perfect solution, and I can see why you’re frustrated! Since there are both bad buyers and bad sellers among the many great people on Fiverr though, I suppose a compromise had to be made somewhere.

Have you talked to the sellers about this? Perhaps they’ll cut you a deal or tweak what they delivered. It’s worth it for many sellers who are hoping for a return customer!

Reply to @kjblynx: Thanks. I was being nice and allowed him to take longer. I think he tricked me by asking me to request changes to a “delivered” order which it seems is the only way an order can be changed(?). So I sent back a modification request (to the order that wasn’t actually delivered but which he marked delivered, so I could make a modification), then he waited another week to tell me he can’t deal with this anymore and then he refunded my money and cancelled, or vice-versa. either way there is no record of him having done nothing and wasted 3-4 weeks for me. and BTW this was not a $5.00 order.

If the seller cancelled and refunded your money, there is not much you can do - you cannot rate if you agree to the cancellation (I am assuming it was a mutual cancellation) as you got your money back to use elsewhere. While I understand wanting to punish or let other potential buyers know your experience, you have to part with at least $5.50 to do so here.

GG

Beware of sellers with 100% positive feedback. Recently, I bought a SEO gig from Fragglesrock that did not work and I posted my comments about the negative result. He responded that my comments would affect his sales and subsequently cancelled the order retrospectively without my consent even though I was happy paying him for work done. By cancelling the order, he could have the negative comments removed on Fiverr and maintain a 100% positive feedback. I think it is a form of cheating but many sellers do that on Fiverr as it is part of the legit Fiverr system.

Reply to @jaren21: That sounds strange. One-sided cancellations don’t remove the buyer’s feedback. Customer Support sometimes agrees to remove the buyer’s feedback if it’s inappropriate (rude, threats…), but most of the time, all they do is tell the seller to work it out with the buyer, and refuse to remove the negative feedback.

Archived