Why?

emjayye

Hi

Having an issue with a buyer . He contacted me asking me to create 2 accounts for him. One gmail and one Cintaller account (a site where person can post their apps to be downloaded). I created the gmail account and that was find. I also created the Cinstaller account with the information he provided me. It was sent off for registration. Now the site administrator will approve his registration. he sends back modification twice stating that he received this mail

Dear J** L****

You have been declined in affiliate program.

– Sincerely, Aga Rodriguez CInstaller Affiliate Manager

Now his acceptance into the program has nothing to do with the gig order. I cannot control if he is accepted or not. he asked me to create 2 accounts with the information he provided which I did. Now everytime I press deliver He request modification and comes offline.

Can I have some help please? Am I in the wrong?

Hello.
Do you really want to deal with this buyer? What do you think he will put in the review? Personally, I don’t like to argue with buyers and try to avoid going through cs when it’s possible. If the price was small, I would ask for mutual cancellation.
You need to do something to break this cycle, he can request for modification forever… I’ve had such issues.
Good luck!

What has become of the outcome, I have a client who wouldn’t stop refusing the cancellation, even when I wanted to cancel what I did was take a screenshot of what had happened and let CS deal with it, because maybe if you click on cancellation the buyer may continue to abort it as well. Best wishes.

I’m wondering… Do you guys feel ok opening accounts on behalf of a third person? Your IPs are being register as the person who opened those accounts, and you’ll never know what those people will do from them. Maybe I’m a little bit paranoid about that, but I’d feel a little uneasy doing so.

Reply to @julipalmer7: well I did write a ticket originally reporting the issue so they are aware. However mutual cancellation is the best way to go. What I did was to delete the gmail account I created and call it a day. He has not come back online since I sent the mutual cancellation funny enough.
I am hoping that he doesn’t come back for the entire 2 days so that the cancellation can just be automatic or he goes ahead and be a good person and accept. Because unfortunately I cannot assist him in getting into the programme and that was not the arrangement.

Thanks much

Yes I agree about creating an account, if a client approaches me and wants me to do something I suggest they temporarily change their password that I can access it if they don’t feel comfortable with me knowing the original, if they don’t want to I normally don’t create an account for them. When I started here I did it for a client and I came here on the forum and saw something similar stating that it must be something not right why a client will ask to create an account, so I stopped immediately and that buyer actually did also stop buying. I’d rather do something legit than to do something that might affect my account.

Archived